By chas,
in

3 star Holday Inn Fort Lauderdale Beach Area

5 Icons: Beach Access, Rest., Pool, Fitness Center, Business Center

$50 x 3 nites = $150 + $22.95 Tax/Fee = $172.95 Total

I've stayed there in 2003, the business center is non-existant, but

otherwise very nice hotel. Hotel manager apologized about lack of

computer and claimed in future if I tell clerks to let me in the office

to use their computer they would, I've never been back though.

In 2003 rooms were well equiped (Cofee maker, fridge,safe,microwave).

It's my birthday & I'm going to be in FLL.....yea baby. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got an e-mail from Hotwire, "due to the hurricane the hotel (FLL Holiday Inn, tho ironically they dont mention it by name) can no longer honor your reservation".

They claim they are offering me a full refund or I can re-book with them, and they have given me a phone # to call.

Any suggestions? What generally happens to hotel prices after a hurricane....do they go down cause no one is travelling to the location or do they go up because of the laws of supply and demand?

Would appreciate any help....thanks in advance...Charles from NJ.

Often rates go higher due to supply/demand, but i suspect it has a lot to do with structural damage, what type of tourist vs. 'businessman' business they do, etc, etc.

I would first take a look at Hotiwre and see what they are currently offering and compare that to what you can get elsewhere. I took a quick look and rates (thru Hotwire) don't seem too bad, so i would first check hotel-direct prices and then weigh your options, but my preliminary look indicated that Hotwire (or Priceline) may still be your best bet.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you very much for your fast response. I will keep you posted. Ironically it looks like the Holdiay Inn they claim can't "honor my reservation" is still coming up on Hotwire's Fort Laud beach zone at $50/nite. But can't be sure because ammenities have changed ever so slightly. See my other post regarding "New Fort Laud hotel"

I will keep you posted and if I buy, will of course use the SavingsBarn link.

Anyone else is welcome to make suggestions...thanks again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]