Priceline Hotel: 4*/Boutique New Orleans Failed Bid

rc408
By rc408,
in

Dates are actually for 10/1-10/3- October

Failed to win any bids for a friend in New Orleans:

4*

Started with CCB at $45 and added additional zones at about $5 increments until I reached $80.

No bids accepted

Boutique

Same prcedure as above but started at $55 and bid up to $85

No bids accepted.

Used Savingsbarn.com

Which zones exactly?

I'd assume that the Convention Center, Central Business District, and French Quarter are all okay... but not sure. I'd go on to assume that the other zones are not okay... for example, i would not recommend staying out by the Airport if you're looking to experience New Orleans.

Which zone(s) were bid above?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I forget that you can't read my mind :).

We bid for a 4* and the Boutique in the Central Business, Convention Center and French Quarter zones and then added the other 5 zones as free rebids since they contain 3* or below only. Since he is willing to accept any of the 3 zones with Boutique or 4* I believe there are a total of 16 bid opportunities: 8 bids at 4* then 8 bids at Boutique. I hope that covers it.

Thanks Theruare! :)

All of the Marriott branded properties are sold-out for these dates.

Does EasyClickTravel show anything promising (at least to use as a back-up?)

Hotwire has what seems to be the Park Plaza for only $55/nite, and although the reviews are not good (although improved since the name change) it may be something to consider if 4* properties get too high.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]