Need Help Bidding Strategy: SNA to RDU Holidays

blahblehblah
By blahblehblah,
in

Trying to find a flight for christmas/new years.

Looking to fly anytime 12/20 or after. Would prefer to fly earliest possible to make use of the long weekend.

Looking to fly return after new years (1/2 or 1/3).

Can fly no earlier than 12/20 and return no later than 1/3.

Current prices are $650+. I'd love to get something under $500.

Would not mind alternate airports if prices offset inconvenience/gas, etc.

Anyone have tricks on bidding airfare through priceline?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding on airfare you have an almost unlimited number of re-bid zones, as per this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread (in particular pay attention to the second post)

I would start at $250-$300 and increase your bids by $5-$25 per re-bid, bigger increments at the beginning of your bidding and smaller increments near your maximum bid (as the odds of your success increase simply based upon the fact that you're bidding higher and higher)

HOWEVER, i'll add that with the current airfare environment there isn't that much excess capacity, especially during the holidays as this trip is, so the chances of you landing a deal may be somewhat diminished... but certainly worth a try.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know if you have any question and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]