Hotwire Hotel: 4* Louisville (Downtown) Galt House

Lloyd A. de Vries
By Lloyd A. de Vries,
in

I'm attending a stamp collecting show in Louisville at the Kentucky International Convention Center, 221 South Fourth Street. I can get a "show" rate of $125 for the Hyatt Regency, which is connected to the convention center. But Hotwire has a 4* hotel for $76, with these amenities:

airport shuttle

Pool(s)

Spa Services

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

Accessible for the blind

Fitness Center

Business Center

Accessible for the deaf

Reading past messages here, it appears that might be either the Hyatt or the Galt House about two blocks away. I'd prefer the Hyatt, but I also wouldn't mind saving $49 a night!

But I have to be within walking distance of the convention center. I don't want to spend the money I've saved on cab fare.

Forgot the dates: checking in January 16th, out on the 20th.

What do you think? Thanks.

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Here's the complete list:

• Airport Shuttle
  • Smoke Free Rooms
  • Fitness Center
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Business Center
  • Spa Services
  • Accessible for the blind
  • Accessible for the deaf
  • Accessible path of travel
  • In-room accessibility
  • Accessible bathroom
  • Handicapped parking
  • Roll-in shower

The Galt House would be my best guess for this one.

NOTE: i wouldn't count on the Airport Shuttle amenity listed as being a complimentary service, if you were looking at this property on account of this amenity. It may be a shared shuttle service that has an additional fee. If you're considering this property due to the Shuttle i would investigate before purchasing... of course if you're not relying on the hotel's Shuttle then you can ignore the previous comments. ;)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. I'll use your HOTWIRE link when I get everything lined up -- my wife's college roommate is coming up from Nashville, and I need to ask if she wants me to book a room for her at the same time. Galt House appears a little closer to some of the sightseeing attractions than the Hyatt and has a "spa" that might interest my wife while I'm at the stamp show, but the Hyatt has an enclosed walkway to the convention center. So either one will be fine.

I saw that the "airport shuttle amenity" at Galt House just meant they are steering guests to a shuttle company. <_< I do use shuttles, because I don't often rent cars within cities, but I'll check what else is available first. (With two people, a cab might be cheaper.)

If anyone here has suggestions for attractions that we might not pick up from the AAA tourbook or other guides, please let me know. Thanks again.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the purchase.

Thank you for using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new amenity set for this property.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]