Priceline Hotel: 4* San Diego (Coastal) Hyatt Islandia

chantomc
By chantomc,
in

Rates don't look too bad and i would try as follows:

You have seven re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the Coastal zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Coastal...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip. I got the Hyatt Islandia for $100 (3 rooms).

Bid $75, rejected

Bid $85, rejected

Bid $95, rejected

Bid $100, accepted

Do you think I could get near the same rate and hotel for 9/27-9/29? I have a regular reservation at the Hyatt La Jolla for $92, but I prefer the Islandia. I'd be willing to pay up to $110.

BTW - I noticed I posted on the hotwire side. I'll post my winning priceline bid on the priceline side. Thanks for your help. We are very happy with the Islandia for $100. We stayed there last year.

Congratulations on your win!

Glad it worked out well for you and you received a hotel that you are happy with (and saved some money too!).

I wouldn't recommend bidding for 9/27-9/29 as you could just as easily get the Hyatt La Jolla for a rate more than you are currently paying. Not sure where you got that $92/nite rate but it seems pretty cheap for that property.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]