Priceline Hotel: 4* London (Kensington - Earls Court) Holiday Inn Kensington Forum

ewismer
By ewismer,
in

Been trying for weeks. Several weeks ago got Holiday Inn Bloomsbury for three nights later this trip for $125/night, and should have tried to extend stay, but was hoping to get better hotel later on. As it turned out, for several weeks I bid up to $155 for 4* in Bloomsbury, Westminster, The City and Mayfair with no luck. Even tried 3* in the same zones up to $125 with no luck. Finally out of desperation opened up the Kensington zone, although I had been told it is too far out of the way. Started at $110 for 4* and got counter offer of $141. Needless to say, I rejected it, and continued bidding at $5 increments. Got this hotel after adding Bloomsbury, Westminster and the City zones. Hopefully will be okay. TripAdvisor reviews are pretty good for this site. Total $309.64 for two nights after fees.

Congratulations on your success!

While not your first choice of zone, glad to see you found something within your budget and can make this work for your needs for this leg of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've stayed in that hotel and you are still in the underground Zone 1 so travel to any of the sights in London is generally less then 20mins on the tube at the cheapest rate. Also, the hotel is a short 5 minute walk from the Gloucester Tube stop in a very nice neighborhood. I'd recommend the Illy Patissere on Gloucester (across from the Tube) for breakfast - they squeeze their own Orange Juice - where a good hearty breakfast will only set you back about £6.

The Holiday Inn Kensington even has British, European and American outlets in the room I was in. Not as prestigious an area as Bloomsbury, but I hope you enjoy your time none-the-less!

Peacenik,

Thank you so much for the note. I was concerned about breakfast when I saw the rates for the hotel, so we will definitely try the Illy Patiserre. BTW, I don't know if I am reading too much into your name, but I go back to the sixties for my college days and can relate well to it.

We will now be staying two nights in Westminster (using points from Hilton), two nights in Kensington (Priceline), three in Bloomsbury (Priceline), and one in Maida (Marriott points). A reasonable cost for what I think will be a great 8 days. Also, used BetterBidding links for all bids.

If you're staying at the Marriott Maida Vale, we had a FANTASTIC dinner at a pizzeria across the street from the hotel and about two blocks up the hill (to the right if standing at the hotel front door facing the sidewalk). Can't remember the name of it, but a very tasty wood-oven pizza dinner ended up costing us less than the breakfast muffins and coffee earlier that morning at Marylebone train station.

Also check out London Walks (walks.com) if looking for something to do there, we had some fabulous walks with them. Ahhh, so many things I could recommend, London is fantastic! Dragon and Flagon pub walks, too. And another fellow does a Seven Noses of Soho walk as well as some others. Hopefully all can be found online but PM me if you would like more info. Dennis Severs House worth a look if they are open while you are there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]