Hotwire Hotel: 3* Orange County (Buena Park - La Mirada - Cerritos) Holiday Inn Select La Mirada

Hunnypot4pooh
By Hunnypot4pooh,
in

I was sort of hoping to get the Radisson as it offers free made-to-order breakfast, but that was not to be.

Holiday Inn Select La Mirada

14299 Firestone Blvd.,

La Mirada, CA, 90638

Amenities:

Free Parking

Fitness Center Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking Roll-in shower

I have stayed at this hotel before, but it has been several years. Back in the day, this hotel used to offer a nice breakfast buffet to all guests - But no longer. Now only those who book directly through the hotel or their central reservations get the breakfast, and they pay a higher rate for the privilege. A sign of the times, I suppose. I called the front desk to request a non-smoking room. He was very nice and helpful, and also explained the breakfast situation to me. He said a similar room, with breakfast would have cost $99 that weekend...So I really can't complain.

Still we got a great rate and are looking forward to a fantastic trip.

Jack-In-The-Box has good breakfast sandwiches for under $3. If you want to eat at the hotel, expect to pay $8-10 for breakfast.

There is a Red Robin Restaurant at the site. Clearman's Northwoods Inn (steakhouse) is adjacent to this property. There is also an In-N-Out and Elephant Bar Restaurant nearby.

Congratulations on your success!

While not your first choice of property, glad to see you're familiar with this hotel and are still pleased with the result based upon the price paid. Sounds like you know the area and can make this work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Do note that the percent recommended by previous HOTWIRE guests is not a reliable indicator to use for identifying hotels... we have seen this number fluctuate from one search to the next and even revert to 'still gathering reviews', all for the same hotel.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]