Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Somerset (East Brunswick-Edison) Clarion Edsn

apkesh
By apkesh,
in

Hello, This is my first post to this news group. I am looking for a hotel 4 nights, Sun through Thu around end of Aug at $40/night in Jersey city area. I've read people have gotten Hyatt for around the same price through Priceline in the past but not anymore. I am not after the star ratings (will settle for 2* and up) but need a place close to where all the action is (i.e.: path station, restaurant, etc). Can someone tell me if this realistic price to bid on Priceline before I go ahead with it?

ap

I read your first post and understand you're not looking for something high-end, but i still don't believe that you will find something close to a PATH train within your budget.

You can try other outlying areas, but they don't have, as you say, "the same feel", of Jersey City as you'll be commuting to/from Manhattan by bus.

Do you have a firm set of dates in mind?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am looking at checking in on either Sunday night or Monday morning and staying till Thursday night, on a weekly basis starting end of Aug. Come to think of it, since I have a rental car, I don't really care much for the PATH, but just want to be close to where all the action is- and I guess that's only in Jersey City?

If anyone can recommend me any other places within $40 to $45/night and in a 'trendy' spot like Jersey City or Hoboken, (Location in Central/ Northern NJ), please let me know.

if you have a car and don't mind a one hour commute into NYC, you might want to consider the Somerset/New Brunswick/Edison area. Look at some of the posts in the Priceline NJ section of the board and you will see that some folks have been successful in the past with $40 wins. While you may not be successful at these prices, it is at least a start. These areas are definately not "hot spots" but you will at least be reasonably close to NYC without having to stay in Pennsylvania, two states away :)

• 1 month later...

Priceline * rating is 2.5.

Check-In Date: Sunday, September 25, 2005

Check-Out Date: Thursday, September 29, 2005

Hotel Name: Clarion Hotel And Towers

I got the hotel in my first bid, chose 2.5 and $40 bucks.

The hotel is worth it for $40, staff were friendly and in a semi decent place where you can grab a bite to eat if you decide to go out for dinner. My only issue was the Wireless internet connection, it's very very slow, you can almost say there isn't any. I spoke to the front desk about it and they said they are working on fixing it.

• 11 months later...

You could have got this hotel for $35. I never missed at this price, so are people I referred to, but never lower than this price....

By the way, did you try the NYC charter bus from the hotel directly to Manhattan? both downtown and midtown? $7.5 oneway and $15 round trip...

Somehow, I could not get it at $40 for October 7, 2006 tonight ... very strange I was always able to get it at $35 ... Just curious anyone got this hotel recently ?

Also, the NYC Charter Bus from the hotel directly to Manhattan has been cancelled, no longer bus from this hotel to NYC, guess not too many people interested in. But, they said still have shuttle to Newark Airport ... They seems to obtain a big contract from UPS ...

Still wondering if $35 has been of the past, try to bid on 2.5* at $35 again on 10/7/06 and got rejected, add Bridgewater zone and bid $37, rejected, add another Edison zon bid $38, rejected, add Cateret which does not have 2.5* as free rebid and bid $40 and got this:

"We're sorry, but we can't accept your offer of $40 for a hotel room in the Somerset - Brunswick, NJ area. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number xxx-xxx-xxx-xx." :)

This is very strange since the website rate is only $73 ... :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]