Priceline Hotel: 3.5* San Francisco (SFO Airport - Burlingame) Crowne Plaza Intl Airport

Gallus50
By Gallus50,
in

Looks like PL upgraded the Crowne Plaza. Was not expecting this as it has previously been rated 3*, and am not too excited about it. Was hoping for and/or expecting Doubletree or Embassy Suites. You guys will have to update the hotel list.

Bidding history: $60, then $65, then $70. Reviews are sketchy, so I'm not particularly happy. Oh well, at least the price is fairly reasonable.

Sorry to hear this unexpected results is a disappointment. Fortunately it's just for one nite and hopefully you can make it work for your needs (i always suggest spending some of your savings on a nice dinner and/or a few drinks at the bar... makes for a little less time at the hotel and you can arrive late and/or leave early)

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Priceline Hotel List with the new star rating for this property..

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay... hope it goes better then expected.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In actuality, I was not going to bid at 3* because I was trying to avoid this hotel and the Holiday Inn Airport. That's one of the main reasons it came as an unpleasant surprise.

The rack rate seems to be $109, with an advance purchase rate of $89. So I saved, but not as much as I would like. Sometimes you win big when you bid on PL, other times, not so much. This one is a not-so-much.

• 3 weeks later...

By way of followup - stayed at the Crowne Plaza on Saturday night and it was fine. Not sure what all the fuss was about. Room was well appointed, fitness room was better than average, swam laps in the indoor pool and shuttle was on time. Not a bad stay by any stretch of the imagination.

Don't know why reviews are so polarized, but my experience was a good one.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]