Hotwire Hotel: 3* Norfolk - Virginia Beach (Chesapeake) Hampton Inn Norfolk/Chesapeake

stylamema
By stylamema,
in

Unfortunately it was the Hampton Inn on Woodlake Dr. I've been extremely disappointed with my Hotwire purchases in the past year and this was just another sign that I should just suck it up and book directly through the hotel. When I first logged on to HOTWIRE I saw 2 hotels in the area....this one w/ 85% rec and another for $79 pd w/ 95% rec. I decided to log into BB and use the HOTWIRE link provided here and was only given the $52 pd as a choice. Needless to say I'm very upset. I guess this site is only as good as the ppl who contribute to it so I'm doing my part in hopes that someone else will get a more accurate hotel chain range ( you know what I mean ... Lol). I think the older post re: this area is a little outdated ....I was really hoping it was the Hyatt Place ... Maybe the $79 pd was ... Well I guess I'll never know. I did purchase insurance just in case I had to cancel b/c of Sandy ... Really want to just book directly to Hyatt and use this purchase as a credit but I need to read the fine print. Another oddity ... After purchase I went back on HOTWIRE put in same search BOTH hotels listed again but no % of recommendation on $52 hotel ... This is what I mean a lot of games ... UGGGHHH!

Happy Bidding

FYI from Hotwire search

3-star Hotel in Chesapeake

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Note that the amenities of this HOTWIRE purchase don't match previous reports for the Hyatt Place, so there was a pretty good chance that this was some other property. In the future feel free to ask the board for help before your next opaque purchase and hopefully we can help you receive a result that is more inline with your expectations.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]