Priceline Hotel: 3* Chicago (North Michigan Ave - River North) Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza

cokegirl
By cokegirl,
in

searched your HOTWIRE link and found 2 chicago hotels for oct. 26-28 that i could use some help identifying:

1. 4 star gold coast/lakeshore drive hotel: amenities are boutique, restaurant, business center, internet, fitness center price is $186 per night and recommended by 95%

2. 3 star mag mile/watertower area: amenities are boutique, smoke free rooms, restaurant, high speed internet and free internet.

trying to stay out of loop area since our event is in the gold coast.

thanks for the help!!

Best guess for the 4* would be the Sutton Place, with the Hotel Indigo being a possibility (but the Sutton being the more likely of the two)

For the 3* my best guess would be the Tremont Chicago.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Location, location, location is really its positive. Otherwise, a basic property and I'd say 2.5* is probably more accurate (that's what it is on PRICELINE). It's actually a Starwood property, but not really advertised/promoted as such. Particularly great location if you need to be near the Gold Coast, although personally, I think it's not that hard to get from most areas North of the River to the Gold Coast. Do you have to be right near the Gold Coast? If not, I'd consider trying to bid on the River North/NMA area to see if you could get a higher star rating (4*, or if not 4*, 3.5* for a similar ($125-145) price in the River North/NMA zone on PRICELINE.

$143 (which is what I'm seeing the potential Tremont HOTWIRE listing as, you may see a slightly different price) is not a great value for the money, but unfortunately, there's not much else in the price range for these dates on HOTWIRE. I do see what appears to be the new Ivy Boutique hotel for $132 on HOTWIRE, but for the first night only - and what is showing for the second night separately is much more expensive, unfortunately.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

ended up booking a room on PRICELINE through their express deals. your site was down this morning and i was afraid it would disappear quickly so had to do it through priceline...sorry! it was a 3 star mag mile river north hotel and the amenities listed were free internet, fitness center, pool and business center. the dates were oct 26-28 and the price was $105.00. ended up being the holiday inn mart plaza. havent stayed here before, but for the price and where it is located think i got a really good deal considering most of the other hotels for these dates were 200 and up. thanks for the help.

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice deal for this property - PRICELINE reservations are not eligible for upgrades, but I'd ask if there was any way you could get a river view room. Worst they can say is no. This property also isn't a terribly far walk from the restaurant-heavy River North area.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]