Priceline Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel

mmp
By mmp,
in

Started bidding on 4-stars low at $60 since I had re-bid zones. When I got to $65, Priceline offered room at $85 which I declined. Got win at $75 per night (total of $261 for 3 nights). Happy with the price (currently about $136 per night at the hotel's site); not too happy with several mention of bugs in the room in reviews, but will deal with that if/when it happens. Think there is about a $20 charge per night to park also. Used Betterbidding PRICELINE link to start bid.

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done! Glad to see you're pleased with the deal you received and hopefully the room will be clean and bug-free.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay... let us know how it was upon your return.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Sorry - I accidentally repeated "thereuare"'s reply - the moderator can delete the duplicate and this sentence if you come upon it? Thx!

Just wanted to follow-up on our stay at the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel.

We had a very nice (and bug-free!) time. The room, while probably really a 3-star was very nice and clean. I think, though, that the location of this hotel and the staff are what make it a 4-star.

At check-in, we were told we were upgraded (everyone seems to tell us that lately so I am a little skeptical). At first we were assigned to a 3rd floor room in the Marina building but I asked for a higher floor (since I had read the lower floors views are blocked by trees). So they did change it and put us in a higher floor room with a very nice view of the ocean.

Even though we did have a bit of a convoluted walk to the beach, since we had driven our own truck we just left our beach stuff (chairs, boogie-boards, etc) in the truck and picked it up and dropped it off in our truck on our way back and forth to the beach. The elevator from the room took you right to the parking level. Then you did have to cross the street and walk through the beach building to get to the beach but we didn't think it was that bad. If we had had little ones with us, it may have been a bit more of an issue. But, really, the beach was right there and it was nice to have it so close.

The parking lot, even though it was $20 per day, was fine. It had in-and-out privileges, with someone at the kiosk at all hours, as far as we could tell. If you left the hotel in your car and went down the street to park, there were generally parking fees involved so better to leave the car at the hotel and walk to your destination, if it wasn't too far.

Almost every one of the staff was awesome also - couldn't be nicer and more willing to help. There was the issue someone else mentioned at the front desk - they do not want you to take the luggage cart yourself but rather that you use their bell-hop. I saw another guest take the cart so I thought it was ok but when I did the girl from behind the registration desk literally came running after me to stop using the cart. Guess she didn't see the other guy also do it. Aside from her though, everyone else who worked there was super.

The Mexican restaurant inside might not be to everyone's taste as it is not all "traditional" Mexican food but the Happy Hour Margaritas are not to be missed!

Initially I was a little concerned about getting this hotel but would welcome winning this hotel in the future.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]