CT Hartford Clarion East Windsor Bradley Intl Airport - Windsor Vicinity

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

I arrived pretty late sometime after 11pm but closer to midnight. There were hardly any cars in the parking lot; The hotel is located right off of the 91 highway but not clearly visible until you reach the property. There is a small gas station/convenient store sharing the same property or at least next to each other. There were a few 18 wheeler trucks parked close to the main entrance. It is currently labeled a 2 1/2 star property but I would barely give it 2 stars. More likely one star.

The check

in was very easy and the clerk was very nice and hospitable. He had only been working there for 2 weeks but seemed to know the ropes already. While I paid for the upgraded bed choice of a king junior suite, what I rec'd was a room with 2 queen beds in them. The beds themselves were clean as were the sheets which is extremely important to me and have stayed at some 3 star properties where I couldn't say this. Even the top cover was clean but I still removed them as always. THe room had a small refrigerator in it but was lacking a microwave. As soon as I told the front desk i needed one; he got me one without any extra charge. THey have you sign a paper that u will pay $1.50 per day to use the safe. When asked how he would know if i used the safe he said that they take clients word for it whether they did or not and do not even require you to pay it even if you did use it if you do not want to pay the fee. (That is the strangest fee I have ever not paid. LOL!) They have a seasonal outdoor pool which was closed since it was October. What I didn't like nor did my young daughter like was the shower/bathroom. THe shower's rubber mat was stuck to the tub and paper like material would float out to the top. We like to take a bath but decided against this and had to take showers while there. EVen my 2 yr old had to take a shower since his sister convinced him that the tub was "Yucky"! LOL! The sink was outside of the bathroom so we were able to use it while others were in the tiny tiny bathroom. No room to even turn around in there. We slept quite well and did not notice any noise from being so close to the highway. They offered a free breakfast which was nice. It kept the children fed and occupied until noon since they took some goodies back to the room for a bit. The lady working the breakfast area was a bit of a grouch but we worked past that and just had a good time anyway. (She yelled at my TWO year old for spilling his cereal when pouring it into his bowl!!!! R u kidding? They offer coffee 24 hours for 35 cents a cup. During breakfast you can get free coffee from their coffee cafe. If u take the tea bags back to your room and use your own water you will not have to pay the 35 cents for the tea either. as they are charging for the hot water only and leave a few bags out at a time for any tea people. The eggs were not so good but the waffles were okay they just need the powdered sugar or brown sugar to make them a hit for my kids. other than that breakfast offered somewhat of a variety including oatmeal, cold cereal, sausages, bagels, though the next day they had no more bagels.

I had the do not disturb sign up on my door and i did not like that the housekeeper knocked on it anyway at approx 8 am. (I was mad about this since i went there to get some sleep grrrrrrr) I checked again and yes my do not disturb sign was there and she asked me if i was checking out or not? NO IM NOT! shouldn't they ask the front desk before knocking on my door? I think so. SO no tip for her. check out was a breeze and the clerk noted that i did not receive the bed choice that i requested so he gave me a receipt with the $34 dollars instead of the $40 dollars. I still need to call priceline to rectify the situation.

The website price was 96 dollars per night so a good savings off of their regulsr rate.(On the door the rack rate was priced at $400 per night. Don't think anyone would pay that!!!)

I do not think I would stay here again unless i needed to leave my car as they do have an option to leave your car for up to ten days if u stay there for at least the day before your trip or the day you come back from your trip. It is closer to Six Flags New England than the Hilton Garden In at Bradley airport but id rather stay there next time. My son though would rather be closer so this would be a better choice for him. He also would rather pay less money for a place to lay his head. I might stay here in the summer if they offered if for this low price just to use the pool. They also had a small gym room located on the first floor next to my room. They also have a laundry room. TO wash a load it was $2.50 and to dry was 25 cents per 7 minutes so it cost me $5 to do a load of clothes. I would have done more even at these high prices but the clerk did not have any quarters. There was no change machine either so I used the soda machine to get change by purchasing one for 1.25 and getting the change and using that until I had enough quarters. That was the most expensive load of clothes Ive done in a long time.

If you are going to do laundry... come prepared with your own quarters and your own soap and dryer sheets. Its already too pricey to use their machines. They have 2 washers and 2 dryers.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]