Priceline Hotel: 3* Fargo Ramada Plaza Suites and Conference Center

little.miss.sunshine
By little.miss.sunshine,
in

I am trying to bid on a hotel in Fargo, ND. I chose 3* only (this is the highest star level available in Fargo), and only chose the one area. Bids up to $64 have been refused. I noticed that someone bid $85 and received the Staybridge Suites but I am new to this and can't believe that hotels in Fargo go for that much for just an average hotel. Any help with bidding is appreciated. How much should I go up by with my next bid?

I have been using the PRICELINE link.

Dates are November 16-18, 2012.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com the beset rate i see for a 3* hotel in this zone for your dates is this Radisson for $98/nite.

Assuming this is the best deal available, how high are you willing to be that would still make an 'opaque' purchase worthwhile?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board... but please click each of these previous links again before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi, I hope I am using the links properly!

I just tried again.

I bid $67 and received this message:

Try Again Right Now

We searched hundreds of options to find your hotel room, however we can't accept your offer of $67 per room, per night. Your credit card has not been charged for Request Number (hidden). If you are willing to raise your price by $17 to $84 per room, per night, you can try the same request again right now.

Normally you are required to change additional items (add zones, star level, or dates) in order to try your request again. However we are able to extend this one-time opportunity to you because of the zone, quality level and dates you requested.

I don't want to go up to $84 (this basically tells me that they will accept $84 but I can go lower) but this gives me a good idea that I will be bidding somewhere between $70-80 for a room. I am going to keep trying but how much should I go up by this time?

I will try $70 and let you know how it goes. I'll await your reply before bidding again tonight and start from square one if need be.

Thanks so much for the help!

Basically you know that the 'right' price is between $68-$83 per nite.

Are you familiar with and using your re-bid zones? If not, see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before bidding (highly recommended if you're new to the concept). When bidding 3* in Fargo you have TWO re-bid zones, see if you can identify them using the information in the link above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not the cheapest we have seen this hotel won, keep in mind that rates are date specific and occupancy levels (and therefore rates) may have been lower at this property when others have won for less.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]