$150 - rejected

free rebid

$155 - rejected

$160 - rejected

tried again

$165 - rejected

free rebid

$170 - rejected

Sheraton rack rate listed at $345 - No garden view rooms appear.

Not sure about Winston or Hyatt.

Questions:

1 - I need two rooms. Does Priceline change their acceptance/rejection strategy based on the number of rooms the bidder needs? Should I bid one room and than the other? I assume the risk is I could end up with two different hotels.

2 - Is it to my best interest to wait a week before rebiding? Should I start my bid with $150 again? This should be a slow time of year, so I can't understand why at least $170 wasn't accepted.

Thanks in advance!

Rates are certainly not indicative of low occupancy... are you willing to SPLIT YOUR BID?

Don't bid one room at a time. Bidding two rooms will only affect your acceptance if there is only one room available... which doesn't bode well for you anyway since you'd like to get two rooms at the same property.

There is no harm in bidding again in 72 hours, but given the current rates, i'm doubtful you'll be successful for your complete stay (but potentially for a few nites if you're willing to split your bid as discussed in the link above).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You are going to be on Maui for the XTerra World Championship Triathlon. It is held on Sunday, October 23rd and here is part of the description:

The Nissan Xterra World Championship is the culmination of a national and international series of more than 90 qualifying events. In the United States, more than 50 races pave the way to the World Championship. Events around the world bring athletes from the XTERRA Global Tour to compete at the world level.

For the past nine years, this race has put athletes to the ultimate test of endurance and skill. [...] The battle of human potential -vs- Mother Nature draws thousands to this spectacular venue every October.

Pro athletes compete for a $125,000 pro purse.

When I quickly checked a few dates at the Sheraton, it appeared that rates were indeed higher for the weekend of the triathlon. I suggest you check rates a bit further and consider splitting your bid. You could also check Hotwire, especially if you are interested in a condo.

The first part of your stay is the more difficult portion, so i would follow your existing bid strategy but bid for the following dates, in the following order:

10/21-10/26

10/22-10/26

10/23-10/26

After one set of dates fails you can still bid for the next set of dates and not have it be treated as a duplicate bid.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]