Priceline Hotel: Chance of getting room with 2beds in Manhattan

bophisto
By bophisto,
in

I want to bid on priceline for Manhattan but I definately need two beds in the room. I heard it is especially risky in NYC to get a room with two beds.

I have another hotel booked but it's in Long Island City which is pretty close.

Anybody have experience bidding on priceline and getting double beds in Manhattan rooms?..

The chance of getting two beds in Manhattan using PRICELINE is extremely low. Some users have reported at times even being denied when offering to pay for an upgrade to two beds (two beds often cost more at NYC hotels.)

Please provide the details of your stay if you would like further assistance.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Would one bed and a rollaway or pullout sofabed work... or do you need two actual beds? How many adults/children traveling... or is it just two adults but you don't want to sleep in the same bed?

Where and how much is your back-up reservation? If you're more than double occupancy did you declare the true occupancy on this reservation or did you only book for double occupancy but chose a room with two beds?

Please read your messages and click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Anybody have experience bidding on priceline and getting double beds in Manhattan rooms?..

It's a hit and miss. I booked a hotel via HOTWIRE specifying 3 ppl. I got a King size bed at Hyatt but they managed to change it to 2 double beds.

I got Waldorf via PRICELINE and they gave 2 double beds. Had two separate bids and both of them, I got double beds.

So, i think it depends on the hotel and availabilities.

Backup is in Long Island City for I think it was $180 a night, a lot less than anything in Manhattan and it seems to have good reviews. It's right by a subway station and only I think 1 or 2 stops to get to Manhattan. Manhattan prices seem to be like $300+ for this time of year..pretty crazy.

I booked over the phone and asked for two beds. It will be three people but it's my girlfriend and her friend which is why we would need two beds.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]