Priceline Hotel: Help with bidding hotel for a hotel near NYC

kindheartedguy
By kindheartedguy,
in

Hi

The dates are November 17-19 (2 nights)

I need some help bidding for a hotel with free parking, and easily accessible to NYC by bus or train.

Last time I was able to book the priceline win:

3* Newark - Meadowlands (Secaucus - North Bergen) Crowne Plaza Meadowlands $65 ... 11/19/11-11/20/11

I was very satisfied. Can someone tell me how I can get that again?

Or otherwise, another hotel with free parking and close to public transport to get to NYC would be great!

Thanks!

I'm using the PRICELINE link

You can't bid on a specific hotel, nor on a hotel that offers free parking, when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. With HOTWIRE you can often take an educated guess as to what is being offered based upon the amenities associated with the property, but it's still a 'best guess' and no guarantees you will receive the hotel you're hoping for. As well, HOTWIRE only shows one hotel at each star level per zone, so there is a chance the hotel you're hoping for isn't the one which is offered for your particular dates.

While almost of the hotels in this zone that i'm aware of offer free parking, not all of them are walkable to a bus stop or train station... are you willing to drive to a Park N Ride and take the bus into the city from there?

Lastly, not sure how firm your budget is, but what looks like the W Hoboken is available for $117/nite... it's a little over your budget and you'll have to pay for parking (although there may be some street parking options nearby depending upon what time you intend to get into town and what time you're leaving... or some other other options depending upon from what direction you're travelling), but this would be a GREAT deal for this property and not only give you quick and easy access to the city, but also staying in a small city too with plenty of bars, restaurants, coffee shops nearby.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the quick reply!

117$+taxes+parking would be a little bit over my budget.

My limit is really 85$ before taxes. Obviously even lower would be better.

My criteria are really just:

1. close to the city (nyc), or easy to access (ex: bus/train)

2. cheap, with preferably free parking

3. minimum 3 stars

How should I proceed, or should i lower my sights?

Like I mentioned in my last post, something similar to this would be perfect :

3* Newark - Meadowlands (Secaucus - North Bergen) Crowne Plaza Meadowlands $65 ... 11/19/11-11/20/11

My criteria are really just:

1. close to the city (nyc), or easy to access (ex: bus/train)

While almost of the hotels... not all of them are walkable to a bus stop or train station... are you willing to drive to a Park N Ride and take the bus into the city from there?

Please first let us know the above as this will expand or restrict some of our options.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi!

After conferring with my friend, we have decided that we would want to stay at the W after all, provided we can park on the streets.... BTW, how safe is parking on the streets...? I have a new car. We plan on getting there on the 17th of November at around 6-7pm, and leaving the car there until the 19th of November in the afternoon.

We decided we can splurge this time. Although our maximum is still 117$.

How should we proceed?

Do you think we can get it for 105$ like this Priceline win.

Thanks!

...provided we can park on the streets...

Well, you can't really...

Hoboken streets are 'Resident Parking Only... all others 4 hour limit' (and this is only on one side of the street... the other side of the street is residents only and never visitor parking regardless of time). As well, the limit applies to your car being in town, so if you park for 4 hours and then move your car to a new spot it DOES NOT re-set your 4 hours... your in violation and subject to a ticket and boot (which combined will run you $200+).

There is street parking in available in an area of the Hoboken/Jersey City border (on the Jersey City side) where you could then walk (~15 minutes) to the hotel OR take the PATH or Lightrail from JC to Hoboken. However, this is only available from 6pm Friday - 7am Monday... then this area becomes 'no parking'.

The other option is, depending upon which direction you're traveling from, is to park at a less expensive PATH station (Harrison is ~$8-10 day i believe) OR Secaucus Junction (i'm not sure of cost) OR a Park N Ride or NJ Transit Train station and 'commute' to Hoboken. If you let me know which direction you're heading from i might be able to make some suggestions.

BTW, how safe is parking on the streets...? I have a new car.

Simply based upon a numbers game it's generally safe... but i wouldn't park a new car there either. I have had a car stolen from town (10+ years ago) and besides the theft issue, the parking is on somewhat busy streets, and my choice would be to NOT have traffic driving by my new car there are always incidents of getting your side view mirror clipped by another passing car (i try to take care of my vehicles). So in sum, odds favor it will be fine, but i wouldn't do it... especially with a new car. Better to pay the parking fee (at one of the above options depending upon and not have to worry about it.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there (as well as where you're coming from if you want other parking ideas)

• 5 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]