Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Hartford (Bradley Intl Airport - Windsor Vicinity) Clarion Inn East Windsor

relaxing41
By relaxing41,
in

I used Express Deals: not sure if u have these seperated in a differnt area or not but sure would be helpful; the adverticement

went like this:

Bradley Intl Airport - Windsor Vicinity (BDL) Area

$97 similar hotels+

$34

per night

Map it

This Hotel has: Free Breakfast | Free Internet | Indoor or Outdoor Pool | Free Parking | Restaurant | Airport Shuttle | Business Center | Fitness Center

Bed choice available

Since it gave me a bed choice instead of taking a regular single or 2 queen beds for $34 I took the Kin suite for $40.

I was hoping to get the Candelwood suites but that is the chance u take.

Anther reason why posting these would be a good idea so we can figure out what they are offering.

Sometimes they change so quickly that by the time I press the accept button I get rejected as the price is not being offered anymore but the hotels generally are the same as long as the description is the same; same as Hotwire if u ask me.

what do u think of this or has anyone else mentioned this already???

2 nights at $34 would have been 86.26 but at $40 it was $100.18 (two nights) the rest of the ammenities shown after clicking the first ad goes like this

$34

per night One King Bed No Smoking Free High Speed Wireless 27 Inch Tv

$34

per night Two Queen Beds No Smoking Free High Speed Wireless 27 Inch Tv

$34

per night Two Queen Beds Smoking Room Free High Speed Wireless 27 Inch Tv

$40

per night One King Bed No Smoking Junior Suite Free High Speed Wireless

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were hoping for, looks like the price is right and you're able to make this work for your needs.

We are working on an interface so that users can add their Express Deals to the board just as they currently do for PRICELINE bidding and HOTWIRE purchases.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

upon checking out I was given the lower rate of $34 since at no time during my stay were any junior suites available - though i don't know how that can be since there were hardly any people there!! The front desk clerk rebilled my charges at the lower rate but since it was prepaid by priceline i doubt they plan on giving me the difference. Its only $12 but it is the point of not getting what I asked for and being charged for a better room and not getting it so i might just call them and see what they say; what do you think?

Yes, i would contact PRICELINE but you'll need to be very specific that you purchased an EXPRESS DEAL with BED CHOICE option (as it wouldn't surprise me if your first telling of the situation gets you a "bed type is not guaranteed" response)

I wouldn't ask for anything specific at first, simply stating that "you didn't get the more expensive room type you reserved" and see what they offer you... $12 ($6/nite x 2 nites) is what you're likely entitled to (imo), but a $25 credit for a future purchase may be better for both you and PRICELINE. (if they offer something less than $12 worth of value to you then i would ask for $12 credited back to your credit card)

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]