Priceline Hotel: DURANGO properties & bidding advice for 10/12/12

lovesdeals
By lovesdeals,
in

Hi,

I'm in search of info on any Durango, CO Priceline properties. Our trip will be for 2 nights Fri & Sat Oct 12 and 13th. The Priceline hotel list shows only 1 Durango property- 3* Holiday Inn however, I called Holiday Inn 1800 number to obtain rate and was told there is no longer a Holiday Inn in Durango. It appears this property is now the Durango Downtown Inn. I'm curious if there is any info on current hotel(s) available to win via Priceline bidding. I note on the name your own price section there are 3*, 2.5*, and 2* levels available for bidding.

We're traveling to the downtown shopping district/nearby Durango Railroad train area. Would like to stay at a 2.5* or 3* property.

Thanks in advance for any info and bidding advice!

Ok, I have clicked on the Priceline and HOTWIRE links as requested.

I use the PRICELINE link to search and of course when bidding. :)

I notice on Name Your Own Price "minimum guranteed amentities" shown for each star level option, an amenity I don't recall before is a minimum guest review score. The 3* level indicates a minimum guest review score of 8.0 and this is interesting because when referencing the hotels shown for regular purchase on Priceline, there are only two 3* hotels rated 8.0 or above...the Doubletree and Residence Inn. Since Durango only has a handful of 3* properties I would think this narrows it down significantly to these properties resulting as potential wins. (The Residence Inn is currently undergoing renovations to the lobby and breakfast area and website indicates noise is to be expected!)

Now, it occurred to me that the guest review score could be based on just one individual 8.0+ score and not the overall score! Anyhow, I appreciate advice asap for placing bid. If nothing results, I have a backup plan of staying at Doubletree for $150/night.

...there are only two 3* hotels rated 8.0 or above...the Doubletree and Residence Inn.

Most Doubletree properties don't offer a free breakfast, which is another 'guaranteed amenity' shown by PRICELINE for the 3* hotels in this area... which would lead me to believe that the Residence Inn is the more likely of the two. (although PRICELINE does list "American Breakfast' as an amenity for the Doubletree so not really sure if that means a continental breakfast is served at no charge OR merely that it's available for a fee)

Now, it occurred to me that the guest review score could be based on just one individual 8.0+ score and not the overall score!

Do you mean that 25 people rate this hotel 5/10 and one person rates it 8/10 and therefore PRICELINE shows an 8.0+ for this property? If that's what you mean then "no", it wouldn't work this way.

I wanted to update that I submitted a bid for $105 for a 3* and it was rejected. No counter offer was given by Priceline so not sure if I'm close to the accepted rate or not. Priceline indicates the median retail price for 3* in Durango is $189.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com i'm seeing:

3 Stars:

Doubletree at $179

Residence Inn at $224

2.5 Stars:

Best Western at $110

Hampton Inn at $119

Using these prices as a reference point, how high are you willing to bid for a 3* property before lowering your star rating to 2.5 stars?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

When PRICELINE / HOTWIRE don't work for your needs, it would be appreciated if you booked thru the requested MAPS and HOTELS.com site for your regular rate purchases, which helps us keep the board running as a free resource for everyone.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]