4 Star Magnificent Mile Area - River North area hotel

Husker1022
By Husker1022,
in

Hotwire has this 4-star hotel for $144 in the following location: Magnificent Mile Area - River North area hotel for 4 nights arriving Oct. 11. They show a 85% hotwire customer recommendation with over 500 reviews. Hotwire also allows a choice of beds on this bid if that helps to identify this hotel. The overall satisfaction is 4.5 with hotwire customers. Trip advisor has it rated 4 out of 5 circles. Any ideas which hotel this might be? Right now my best guess is either the Sheraton or the Hotel Sax. Am I on the right track here? Thanks for your input.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please provide the complete list of amenities showing with the listing and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

This is the list i cut and pasted from Hotwire.

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - River North

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Boutique Hotel

Property offers a distinctive, unique or eclectic atmosphere. Many boutique hotels are smaller, hip properties in an urban setting, or renovated hotels with historical flair.

Smoke Free Rooms

Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible for the blind

Braille or raised signage

Accessible for the deaf

TTY for telephone, visual or flashing fire alarm and vibrating alarm clock

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

This would be a possible match for the Sax, Felix or Palomar - any of the three would be a possibility, but I would lean towards the Sax.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thanks for the quick answer. I was thinking the same thing. Anybody out there ever stayed at the Sax? I have once, and it wasn't a great experience. Hard for me to believe that it is a 4-star property

Which hotel on hotwire might this be? Here are the amenities from Hotwire:

3.5-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - River North

Fitness Center

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Recommended:

In 95% of Hotwire customer reviews. Trip Advisor gives it 4 circles out of 5.

What are you looking for in terms of budget/style/etc? I'd be happy to look around and suggest other options - unfortunately, this date is rather pricey.

Please keep all posts regarding this stay within this thread - the 3.5* would be a possible match for the Doubletree

I have a reservation I made on my own, but as you said, it is kind of pricey. I would love to spend less than $150 a night for a 3 1/2 - 4 star hotel in the river north neighborhood or in the Lincoln Park area

Another question is will my bid be able to insure a Queen or King sized bed? thanks again

Just to be able to compare, may I ask what the back-up reservation is?

There's little in the Lincoln Park area in terms of hotels (there's about 5-6 hotels in the zone.) Lincoln Park is a really nice area, it has a lot of restaurants and shopping (and the Zoo), but the issue is that if you want to be downtown, it is a moderate trek at best (if you wind up at the bottom of the zone) and requiring taking public transit (if you end up at the top end of the zone) at worst.

There is no way to guarantee bed type via PRICELINE or HOTWIRE (HOTWIRE occasionally has listings where one can select bed type, but that feature is seen so rarely it is not really much of a factor.) One can call to request bedding after booking, but the hotel may say no or have you ask again at check-in.

There are currently 3.5*/4* hotels offered on HOTWIRE in the MagMile-River North for less than $150/nite... are either of these of interest or were you looking to bid on PRICELINE? (or are you not able to move forward due to not guaranteeing a bed type?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I really do need to guarantee a bed type of a Queen or King. I should have bid yesterday on the Hotwire hotel for $145 that had a bed choice as part of the bid. Thanks for all of your advice and help. I'll keep looking in the next few days. If you happen to see a bed choice on Hotwire, please let me know. Thanks again

Any idea which hotel this might be? 85% Approval rate for Hotwire cutomers with over 500 reviews and nothing listed for a TripAdvisor review.

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Another choice on Hotwire:

Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive area hotel 95% Hotwire recommendation with 300+ reviews 4.0 circles out of 5.0 TripAdvisor approval

4-star Hotel in Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Please note that Hotwire cannot guarantee the level of services offered at a pro

Another choice on Hotwire:

Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive area hotel 95% Hotwire recommendation with 300+ reviews 4.0 circles out of 5.0 TripAdvisor approval

4-star Hotel in Chicago Gold Coast - Lake Shore Drive

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Any idea which hotel this might be? This seems like a new neighborhood listing for HotWire. I don't remember Lake Shore Drive being listed as a choice for area.

Chicago Loop - Theater District area hotel 4 Star with the following amenities: Any ideas which hotel this might be on Hotwire? Currently offering it for $110/night Oct. 11-15. Is it difficult to call after making the reservation on Hotwire to insure a Queen or King sized bed?

4-star Hotel in Chicago Loop - Theater District

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Gold Coast-Lake Shore Drive is the former Gold Coast-specific zone slightly expanded a week or so ago to include the very top end of the North Michigan Ave. area. The 4* GC-LSD may be a match for the Raffaello or Sutton Place. There's a chance this may also be the Public, although that hasn't been reported as a HOTWIRE win - yet.

4* Loop would likely be the Palmer.

4* Mag Mile N-WT would be a possible match for the Hyatt Mag Mile (on St Clair, not the one on Wacker).

Is there something in particular you are looking for in terms of style/etc?

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know what this hotel is:

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile Area - River North

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Pet friendly - terms apply

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Roll-in shower

Bathroom has a roll-in shower

Please note that Hotwire cannot guarantee the level of services offered at a property and/or if services are operational at the time of visit. Services may be closed due to seasonality reasons and/or may be closed for renovation.

Does anyone know what this hotel is:

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please start a new thread with the details of the listing as well as the price per night in USD$ and complete list of amenities and we would be happy to take a look and try to ID the listing.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]