Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (SFO Airport - Burlingame) Hilton San Francisco Airport Bayfront Hotel

dfig
By dfig,
in

Help! Oct 19-21: better to wait?

I've been trying for 2+ days and have made numerous bids. I can't seem to find anything (3 1/2 stars or more)in SF for under $200.

Is it better to wait a few days? Do prices generally come down closer to the actual date?

Any thoughts on best time to try again?

I've been trying for days to get SF lodging for October 19-21. The prices are astronomical - apparently this is a very popular time of year to travel there.

Today, I decided to split the bid so that the first night will be spent close to SF airport and then hopefully we will be able to splurge on the 2nd night in the city. (I've stayed near SFO many times and it is a nice area. There are some great restaurants in Burlingame.) I feel good about having this bid accepted.

Now on to round 2!

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry to see you had to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, but glad that you're pleased with the purchase for this leg of your trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. If you need help with, or to report a win for, the additional nite of your stay please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy this nite of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]