Priceline Hotel: Portland Downtown Bidding Advice

coryandcarissa
By coryandcarissa,
in

Looking for some advice as I've never had to work so hard to get a win with Priceline before. Looking for a hotel in Portland (downtown) for Oct. 5th-7th. Have been trying for about the last 2 weeks, and with my most recent bidding, bid up to $100 for a 3.5*, and $85 for a 3* with no success. Any advice for the next time I'm eligible to bid?

Taking into account parking fees of around $25-30 per night, I'd really hate to pay anything more than the $100 per night. I have booked the Shilo Inn Suites - Rose Garden (the conference I'm attending is at the Rose Garden) as a back-up (which also has free parking) for $116 a night. Saw that The Mark Spencer has it's own "name your own price" option, directly through the hotel, so I may try going that route instead?

As you might know, this is the weekend of the Portland Marathon. I'm also attending a conference in Portland around that time period.

I booked the Aloft near the airport with Starwood points for Oct. 5-7, because it's right on the MAX line (still takes about 35 minutes or so, though). Because I am flying in, this is not too inconvenient, although obviously not preferred. If you could figure out what hotel this is on Hotwire, you might like the same option.

Note that with LMTClub.com (you can sign up for free with the code FBFREECLUB12), the Shilo is available for $73 per night on Oct. 6-7 (not for Oct. 5-6). If it's worth the hassle to you, you could save a bit by booking that night, presuming it doesn't ruin your chance to book Friday night at the current rate you have. For Oct. 5-6, the Quality Inn a couple blocks away is available for $79.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]