Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Montreal (Airport Dorval) Crowne Plaza Montreal Airport

ggordon
By ggordon,
in

Used the BetterBidding Priceline Maps function to figure out that there was likely only one 4 star (Marriott), one 3.5 star (Crowne Plaza) and one 3 star (Courtyard) property available from Priceline in the airport area(and similar research results re Hotwire). Noted that Hotwire price for a 3.5 star property was $98; 3 star was $97. and 2.5 star ranged between $73 and 76 over the past two days. Normally I am satisfied with 2.5 star properties, but recent reviews suggested construction and other difficulties at that property. So I entered a stink bid of $67 with Priceline for 3.5 star and above at the Montreal airport location., figuring I could come back and bid 3 stars and above. Bid was refused and Priceline gave me a free rebid at $88 which I accepted, since it was $10 cheaper than (probably) the same property at Hotwire. Possibly could have gotten a slightly better deal, but did not have the time to waste over another 10 bucks.

Final score, $88 plus $23.67 tax and fees for total US$111.67. (3.5 star on Hotwire would have been $98 plus $27.20 tax and fees for total US$125.20.) The best rack rate on the Crowne Plaza website for that Sunday night was CAD $164, not including tax.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]