Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Airport LAX) Sheraton Gateway

TyvekMaker
By TyvekMaker,
in

I have search Hotwire for these dates and they offer $74 a night for the dates of 8/20 - 8/23. The amemities are : Shuttle / Restaurant / Pool / Fitness / High Speed Internet / Business Center. This matches up with the Sheraton because the Westin does not list High Speed Internet. If the Sheraton Gateway or the Westin only come up for a 4 Star in that zone, why do I even waste my time and bid through Priceline. Currently, the Sheraton Website quotes $119, $189 & $199 for those dates. The Westin quotes $129, $209 & $209. Could anyone let me know if they think this is the Sheraton Gateway?

I have search Hotwire for these dates and they offer $74 a night for the dates of 8/20 - 8/23. The amemities are : Shuttle / Restaurant / Pool / Fitness / High Speed Internet / Business Center. This matches up with the Sheraton because the Westin does not list High Speed Internet. If the Sheraton Gateway or the Westin only come up for a 4 Star in that zone, why do I even waste my time and bid through Priceline. Currently, the Sheraton Website quotes $119, $189 & $199 for those dates. The Westin quotes $129, $209 & $209. Could anyone let me know if they think this is the Sheraton Gateway?

I just accepted the Hotwire offer and it was the Sheraton Gateway at LAX for 3 nights at $74 a night. Not bad considering their website had rates of $119,$189,$199 for those nights. After returning from Las Vegas, we can now finish our busy trip in one hotel and wake up Tuesday morning and take the shuttle to the airport. We will visit Santa Monica Pier, Venice Beach and Malibu while at the Sheraton.

Thank you.

It does look like the Sheraton and that is the most likely guess/outcome. Still no guarantees as the Westin does offer Hi-Speed Internet access and therefore that icon could be added some time down the road (although i don't think they are currently showing their pool icon either).

Although both hotel lists are updated "as reported", i don't think your choices (between the Westin and Sheraton) are much different via Priceline. If you'd like to target one of the other than perhaps Hotwire is the better option, but if saving a few extra dollars is of primary importance than priceline may be the better choice (again, no guarantees you won't be the first to report a new hotel or that a previous 3* property has been upgraded to the 4* level)

EDIT: Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread... saves the effort of typing advice/reply to a hotel that has already been won (but not seen since in a different thread), thanks! Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]