Priceline Hotel: Staying in Manhattan sept 27 thru october 2

charlie_hustle08
By charlie_hustle08,
in

I have been playing with priceline's name your own price and it shows I can book some 4 and 5 star hotel for very cheap during my travel dates.

5 star hotels @ as low at $75 a night (avg price $553)

4 star hotels @ as low at $50 a night (avg price $337)

My question is if a book at the lowest available bid, am I going to get a crap hotel? I understand they are suppose to be 4 or 5 star rated places but that seems just super low bids to accept. Not sure if my travel dates are just in a slow time or what, but I also would prefer a double bed room as well. Not a must but it would be nice. Since I paid so little I feel they might give me a harder time when I call and request one. I have usued priceline in Nashville and other towns before and been pretty pleased with its picked hotels, but this trip is a little more important..

If I bid higher than the lowest accepted price will I get a nicer place or just be wasting money? Thanks in advance!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have read through the threads, links, and searched. Haven't really found any answers appropriate to ny questions.

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

2x

Please read your messages and click the requested links, we'll then explain what it is that you are doing wrong.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]