Priceline Hotel: 3* Louisville rejected

helle001
By helle001,
in

Hi, I upped the bid to $45 for a 3 star and added the additional zone (I had failed to mention that there was an additional zone in my earlier bid). Now I will wait for 3 days and then bid again. I think I might just go $50 in the 3* category and/or switch to the 2 1/2*. Can you give me advice on a starting point for the 2 1/2* based on my experience with the 3*, i.e. should I assume that I will have to pay at least $30 (or a figure that your recommend) for a 2 1/2* because I can't get a 3* for $45?

What is your maximum bid at each star level and we will suggest a strategy to follow... i don't think you're systematically adding areas as you should. You may increase you chances of success at the 3* level if you are willing to go to the mid-$50's, but we'll advise a strategy to follow if you let us know your maximum bid at each level.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm trying to put a strategy together for you but in looking at your first post i'm unclear as to which zones are acceptable. You state that you had bid the Downtown (i assume the 'Lexington' zone), North, and the Airport zone... but there is no Airport zone on Priceline for this area.

Which zones are you willing to accept and we'll outline a strategy based upon your maximum bid amount provided above.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for correcting the error of my ways... and i took a nap yesterday too!

Now that i'm on the same page... you have five re-bids when bidding 4*, four re-bids when bidding 3*, and three re-bids when bidding 2.5*. Feel free to confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding if you're unsure. I'm thinking you really only want to stay in Downtown?

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did prevoulsy.

Select 3* Downtown...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did prevoulsy.

Select 2.5* Downtown...

Bid $35, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50.

Start with the above and we'll take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]