MO Kansas City DT Holiday Inn

fly_up_front
By fly_up_front,
in

Probably everyone on this board except me knows better than to bid less than 3* in a downtown zone but let me just say this hotel is very, very bad.

This hotel was formerly the Aladdin Hotel and while I generally like historic hotels, in this case there are all of the negatives with none of the positives.

This hotel is worn with low standards of cleanliness, some floors in considerable disrepair, poor ventilation, predictably small rooms, very loud, and to be honest, a little scary.

I've sent Priceline an email that this hotel should not be in their inventory.

• 9 months later...

I stayed in Downtown KC is March 2004 and the DT Holiday Inn is CLOSED. Out of business. The Doubletree 2.5* (I got at $35 on PL) along with the Marriott and Phillips Hotel 3* (I got for $50 on PL) are all good.

Oh, and try the Thai Place at 7th and Walnut. Good food and GREAT happy hour 4 to 6. $2.50 well drinks and tap beer and 1/2 price appetizers, that are very good. Be sure and try the

• 2 years later...

FYI, this property will reopen on 5/7/07 as the Aladdin by Holiday Inn.

There has been a substantial renovation but the property already has a "Quality Excellence" award....quite suprising since it is not even open yet. Of course the blurb for this award reads "These hotels have received our highest level of guest endorsement, based on scores from our guest satisfaction surveys".

That award certainly wasn't from the previous incarnation before they closed this property down (which has occured several times according to a recent KC Star article) so I wonder how it has already received a guest satisfaction award when guests cannot even stay there yet :)

• 4 years later...

Stayed last Friday night (2-24-2012) at this Aladdin-Holiday Inn and completely loved the place. Very clean, exceptional service, nicely decorated rooms. The rooms are small like the Phillips Hotel, but after all, this is a very old historic hotel. Valet parking is $15 with unlimited in/out. We paid $50 +tax/fees on PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]