Hotwire Hotel: 4* Paris (Eiffel Tower) Pullman Tour Eiffel

bonny
By bonny,
in

I am looking for a 4* (or better) hotel for 19-22 October 2012 in Paris, France. Should be downtown.

I have a 4* in North of Champs Elysées - Arc de Triomphe area, Amenities: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access. 230 swiss francs (430,09 other sites) (230 CHF is about 250 USD). Any guess?

Tripadvisor rating is 3.5 out of 5. This somehow keeps me from booking immediately. Is this rating very bad?

I don't want to pay more than 300 CHF per night. At the moment, this hotel is the only one that matches my requirements. Do you think that if I wait more hotels will show up in some days?

I am looking for a 4* (or better) hotel for 19-22 October 2012 in Paris, France. Should be downtown.

I have a 4* in North of Champs Elysées - Arc de Triomphe area, Amenities: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access. 230 swiss francs (430,09 other sites) (230 CHF is about 250 USD). Any guess?

Tripadvisor rating is 3.5 out of 5. This somehow keeps me from booking immediately. Is this rating very bad?

I don't want to pay more than 300 CHF per night. At the moment, this hotel is the only one that matches my requirements. Do you think that if I wait more hotels will show up in some days?

I think it might be Le Meridien Etoile, because the star rating, the pool, the area, and the TripAdvisor rating all match.

What do you mean by "downtown" Paris? Le Meridien Etoile (remember, this is just a guess) is in Paris, but on the northwest edge, although near the metro.

As for what the star rating of the reviews means, take a look to see people's complaints and praises.

Thanks a lot for your help!

I don't like the reviews on Tripadvisor, so I wont book this one.

Downtown I mean near the Avenue de Champs Elysee and preferably south of the Arc the Triomphe.

Any guess for this one?:

South of Champs Elysées - Trocadéro area

4*, $287.00 ($403 other sites*)

Tripadvisor 3.5 out of 5.0

80% of Hotwire reviews recommend

Amenities: Boutique Hotel, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), High-Speed Internet Access

4*, Eiffel Tower - Invalides area hotel, Amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), High-Speed Internet Access, Free Internet, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

$159

I did a search and found the quoted hotel for your dates with those amenities, stars and area has a price of US$180 (so it may have increased since you last posted).

Narrowing down by these fields and the Tripadvisor rating (3.5/5) on the standard rates part of the site, only one result is returned being the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel. It is possible that it is another hotel but given the match on all of the fields, I would say it is likely to be this hotel. This hotel was reported as a win as a 3.5* property in July for a September stay. It would appear to have been upgraded to a 4* on HOTWIRE.

If it is that hotel, it is a reasonable deal with a saving of over $300 total for your stay (USD$539 as opposed to $839). The nightly rate is $280 for that property on the standard part of the site.

Please let us know what you end up doing (even if it is not a booking through HOTWIRE or PRICELINE) and please use the site's links for your searches and bookings.

4*, Eiffel Tower - Invalides area hotel, Amenities: Smoke Free Rooms, Restaurant(s), Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service), High-Speed Internet Access, Free Internet, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible

$159

Sorry, half of my posting got lost. I wanted to report that I had booked this one and it is the Pullman Eiffel.

Congratulations on your success!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your searches, bidding, and travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]