Priceline Hotel: 3* Hamilton Courtyard By Marriott Hamilton

mikeyjc
By mikeyjc,
in

I once again fished for steals at 4* and 3.5* hotels around Niagara Falls for this stay, with no success ... after all, this is Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.

So, I decided to give Hamilton a try again like we did in August ... and, did even better than I did last time :-)

Courtyard By Marriott Hamilton

1224 Upper James Street

Hamilton, ON L9C 3B1

Check-In: Sat, Oct 6, 2012

Check-Out: Sun, Oct 7, 2012

Offer Price: US$55.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: US$55.00

Taxes & Fees: US$14.89

Total Charged to Card: US$69.89

And - as always, I clicked through to PRICELINE from the link on this site.

I first tried bidding $60 for a 3.5* star in Hamilton - no dice. Added 3*, lowered to $55, and got it on the first bid.

This hotel had at least 2 (possibly 3) wedding parties when we stayed there in August; but, either the parties were fairly self-controlled, or the hotel did a great job of keeping things peaceful overnight - no noise problems at all.

I just tried to run a comp on marriott.com, and discovered that they have a 2-night minimum stay over this weekend ... best rate I could find there per night was a special Marriott Rewards member rate of US$147.48 + tax (US$166.64 total) per night.

Priceline still offers no opportunities for multi-zone bidding tactics for Hamilton, unfortunately.

So, we will enjoy our repeat stay at a great property as we head to the area to enjoy our (new) favorite Canadian Thanksgiving tradition: http://ballsfalls.ca/whats-on/thanksgiving-festival/

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]