Hotwire Hotel: Sydney Hotel Guess

Rosepointe
By Rosepointe,
in

I have used PL for over 12 years but have never done a hotwire room. I am looking to book a 5 star in Sydney and am not looking at PL as I might end up with a hotel I have an industry rate already at a higher rate. I would prefer to be closer the Circular Quay than the city center where we are now. Last time we were at the Marriott Sydney Harbor from PL at 90 per night. Those days are gone!!

This is what is showing for a 5 star:

Circular Quay - The Rocks area hotel 5.6 - 6.6 mi from SYD

5-star Hotel in Circular Quay - The Rocks

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Business Center,Restaurant(s), Fitness Center

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

I have read almost all of the 5 star hotels. Does this one have an indoor pool as well as an outdoor pool? I have not found a hotel with 2 pools yet and wonder if that just means either or....

Also when it lists 5.5-6.6 miles from Sydney...what area are they talking about as I thought Sydney City Centre is not that far from the harbor area. We walked it last trip.

Any thoughts????

Thanks,

Karen

The mileage reference is from the search term you entered to begin your search and the center of the zone... it's not specific to the hotel offered (ie- you'll see all hotels in the same zone show the same mileage distance)

For help with the HOTWIRE property above, please let us know the date(s) of your stay and we'll have a look.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you....I did notice the distances vary at each hotel.

We are traveling Nov 16 to the 22nd. I don't think I will use PL this trip as I fear getting the hotel I already have at a higher rate. The hotels listed on Hotwire appear to be closer to the harbor and not the city center. Should we be looking at a hotel that has an indoor and outdoor pool? I looked at 10 plus 5 star hotels online and several websites describing them to see if I could identify the hotel but have found none with an indoor and outdoor pool. I am wondering if it mentions pool and because they might only have an indoor pool it mentions indoor pool.

I do use this site when I book.

Thank You

I just checked todays posting and it reads:

5 star Circular Quay

Amenities:

Business Center, Spa Services, Indoor pool(s), Pool(s)

This is different from yesterdays and I wonder if this is one of the apartment setups as there is no restaurant listed. I also notice today the distances seem all the sameunless I read it wrong yetserday.

I guess they change the hotels all the time as the last time I looked it was non smoking....

If you have any ideas please let me know.

Thanks Again

I'm still seeing the same hotel as in your original post, if you're now seeing something different, what is the room rate for the curret one?

I also notice today the distances seem all the sameunless I read it wrong yetserday.

I think you likely read it wrong as all hotels within the same zone will show the same distance from city center.

I guess they change the hotels all the time as the last time I looked it was non smoking....

What was non smoking?? The original hotel above (in your first post) doesn't mention anything about smoking/non-smoking??

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think you are correct and I must have misunderstood the distance references.

I think yesterdays hotel did not mention a restaurant on the initial amenities list.

The hotel a few weeks ago was listed as non smoking.

I have been looking at the site for a few weeks. Rates all seem to be 208. I am on my way home from being out of town and will have better computer access to keep a log and to be more specific.

Karen

This is the hotel showing today...it seems as though it is different everyday.

Circular Quay - The Rocks area hotel

$209 Nov 16 to 22

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s),Restaurant(s), Business Center

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Please note that Hotwire cannot guarantee the level of services offered at a property and/or if services are operational at the time of visit. Services may be closed due to seasonality reasons and/or may be closed for renovation.

Please post only the amenity names (and not the descriptions) as you can see how much easier it is to read and helps minimize the chance that we'll miss an amenity when researching your trip.

Indoor Pool

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Spa

Best guess for this property would be the InterContinental with a secondary guess of the Amora Hotel Jamison.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you for the response. Is there anyway I can figure out what hotels they might be suggesting on my own on the betterbidding boards so I don't have to bother you? When I read the reviews on these it appears as though they come up at last minute on Wotif as mystery finds at lower prices (25-45 a day less.)

I am now booked at the Sofitel for 170 per night and can probably get it for a little less if I book a non refundale which I will as I get closer to the trip. This is a business rate I have. I was really hoping to get closer to the harbor but I am not certain if it is worth it to change yet. If the hotel is listed as smoke free and a pool would it be safe to think it might be the Marriott? Do you mind if I keep checking in for the possible hotels that you might have info for.

As I mentioned before I have always used PL and I know how to work that system pretty well but I have no experiece with Hotwire.

Thanks again for your help.

Karen

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]