Hotwire Hotel: Madison (Capitol-University) - Clarion 3*. Add Airport Shuttle amenity.

RZzz
By RZzz,
in

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a multi-night stay in Madison WI in the Capitol-University area, Hotwire currently has a 3-star advertised which includes an Airport Shuttle amenity, the current hotel list only has Clarion as a 3-star, with no Shuttle indicated in amenity list. I just checked the Clarion website, and it states that this location offers free airport shuttle, so this amenity should be added to this hotel.

Thank you for the note regarding this listing.

The list only includes properties may reported to the board. The listing could definitely be a different property, not yet reported to the board. There have been more reports of wins in Madison in the last couple of years, but there are very likely plenty of properties not yet reported to the board.

If you need assistance with your stay, please let us know date/s of travel and desired budget.

I'll also suggest http://www.madisonatoz.com/, a blog where the writers have written about nearly every restaurant in the Madison area.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi,

Other than the Airport Shuttle amenity, the Hotwire amenity list matches that stated in the BB amenity list for Clarion; given that the Clarion website itself states 'free Airport transportation', shouldn't this nonetheless be added to the BB amenity list for Clarion Madison?

Hi,

I'm attending a conference 06-09 November 2012, at the Monona Terrace Convention Centre, so location is more important than price, I'd preferably like to get the Hilton Monona which is attached to the convention centre, however the BB amenity list (sometimes) matches for both the Hilton and the Sheraton, which is a much longer distance away from the Terrace. So, I'm worried that either bidding on Priceline or going through Hotwire might get me the Sheraton, not the Hilton (and the current Hotwire 3.5* availability includes free parking, which suggests the Sheraton is available, not the Hilton). Alternatively, I'm thinking of bidding on Priceline for the 3* Hyatt, which is a reasonable walk, and is the only reported 3* for that zone, so I should be able to get it (whether or not I can swing 2 double beds is also another issue!).

RZzz

So, I'm worried that either bidding on Priceline or going through Hotwire might get me the Sheraton, not the Hilton...

It's quite possible... either service may not be the best option for this trip if you're not flexible in terms of location and price is not the most important factor.

Alternatively, I'm thinking of bidding on Priceline for the 3* Hyatt, which is a reasonable walk, and is the only reported 3* for that zone, so I should be able to get it...

Keep in mind that the star rating you select on PRICELINE is the minimum that you are willing to accept, you could always be upgraded to a higher rated hotel (such as the 4* rated Sheraton), so even though the only 'known' 3* hotel is walkable to your desired location, there would still be a risk in not getting your desired location.

You can enter the conference address at MAPS and HOTELS.com and see hotels in the immediate area (use a 1 mile radius if looking for things that are walkable) as well as how much more/less it would cost to stay closer/further away OR by going up/down in star level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]