Hotwire Hotel: 4* Prague Archibald City Hotel

PierreC
By PierreC,
in

I dunno. I read few posts around here with winning bids at under 80 bucks per nights, either Prague and/or Budapest.

I'm bidding for 4 Prague nights in Octobe (5th to 9th) and Budapest from the 10th to 14th.

I'm up to 100 dollars now and, for the first time after countless bids starting in the mid 60s, they send me a counter-offer....

...of 128 dollars !

These negociations are for 5 stars so far.

I'm surprise after looking at the other winners that i have yet to lock something nice around 80-90 bucks.

Should i scratch this whole negociation and start from zero in a week or two ? Am i too far away from my departure dates ?

You might take a look at Hotwire. For your dates there is a 5* on the Buda side for $81. If you split your dates into the two week nights and the two weekend nights, a $71 5* shows up on the Pest side for the two week nights.

Do take note thought that the two Hotwire reported 5*s - the Intercontinental and the Ramada Plaza - have been reported as 4* Priceline wins. This is a good example of Hotwire being more generous than Priceline with stars.

Romelle

I'm bidding for 4 Prague nights in Octobe (5th to 9th) and Budapest from the 10th to 14th.

Please use separate threads for each leg of your trip... we will use this thread for your first stay in Prague from Oct 5-9, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the Budapest leg of your trip.

I'm surprise after looking at the other winners that i have yet to lock something nice around 80-90 bucks.

Using BiddingHelper.com and/or MAPS and HOTELS.com, what is the best rate you're able to find for a 5* hotel in the Prague zone(s) you're bidding thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You don't mention which city the $128 counter was for, but in either case.....I've been successful just raising $2 and I've seen people report success with just $1 raises.

All that counter means is there really is something there between your last bid and the $128.

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works well for your needs and the location is good.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]