Hotwire Hotel: 4* Montreal (Downtown) Hyatt Regency

AppleHead
By AppleHead,
in

Greetings,

I am looking for a 4* in downtown Montreal for 12/22 to 12/31.

I know I have a considerable amount of time left so I have tried some real low ball bids so far:

last night; US$65, 67, 69, 71, and 75 -- all refused.

I would really like to keep the price (before taxes) to as close to $80 per night as possible.

I have no hotel preference, just looking for a 4* in the downtown zone.

Also, am I maxing out the possible free rebids or am I missing some?

By comparison, Hotwire lists a 4* for $100 per night (before taxes) for my dates.

Here are the amenities for that listing:

Restaurant(s)

Fitness Center

Spa Services

Business Center

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Will do. Just a couple more questions:

Does my bidding for 9 nights (as opposed to 1 or 2) help or hurt my chances when bidding low?

How many rebids (per 72 hour period) are possible for 4* downtown Montreal?

I have just been consecutively adding a 3* zone until they are all gone but I have seen other posts with elaborate A, then A+B, then A+C, close browser, then A+B+C, etc.

Is this something I should be trying?

Thanks again.

The length of your stay would be more of a hinderance than a benefit as Priceline would need to find you a room at the same hotel and your bid would need to be high enough for each nite of your stay... but my guess is that your current situation may be just due to it being very early before your stay. For more info you can read SPLITTING PRICELINE BID.

There are four re-bid zones when bidding the 4* level, so you could be using more re-bids than you are currently using, but it seems as if you're able to get to your maximum bid without too many large jumps. If you wanted to take smaller jumps between bids you could place your bids as follows:

Zone1

Zone2

Zone3

Zone4

Zone1+2

Zone1+3

Zone1+4

Zone2+3

Zone2+4

Zone3+4

Zone1+2+3

Zone1+2+4

Zone1+3+4

Zone2+3+4

Zone1+2+3+4

Let us know if you need further explanation of any of the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Don't know if you will have to move this post to Hotwire but here goes.

I am in the 72 hour zone on Priceline and early this morning decided to check Hotwire. Got a 4* downtown listing for $58 - checked here and figured out it was the Hyatt. I know that Priceline considers it more of a 3* but this price for a de facto 3.5* was right on so I bought it.

Hyatt Regency - fitness, business center, dining

Totally forgot about the new customer code - I assume it is too late to have that applied?

Also, what is the deal with GST refunds with Hotwire?

Thanks for all your help.

My brother booked thru HotWire.. Paid initially $83 as per the quote, but it rejected. After a few refreshes, he paid $87, for a 4* and got the Hyatt downtown.

He LOVED it, and was about a 5-10 min walk (perfect for them) to Old Montreal.

Said it was a GREAT deal for Montreal.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]