Priceline Hotel: 3* Re-Bidding Zones

beginner1
By beginner1,
in

I'm looking for 3-star hotels in Pittsburgh, and noticed there are several re-bidding zones using the techniques as described on re-bidding:

Greentree - 2* and lower

Pittsburgh North - 2.5* and lower

Pittsburgh South Side - 2.5* and lower

West Mifflin - 2.5* and lower

I was wondering if I chose of one these areas with my 3* and higher bid, is there a chance that there is a 3* in any of these areas? I would really not like to say in these areas, but would just like to use them to re-bid. Any help would be appreciated.

As long as you check those rebid zones just before each bidding session there should be no problem. Essentially, if one can't bid at a star level (or higher) there aren't any hotels available at that star level (or higher).

I did just check your list and it is still correct.

Romelle

PS - if you happen to be bidding some other city and notice Resort at the bottom of the star list, do be careful. Resort falls between 4* and 5* so you could get upgraded to it when bidding 4* or lower. Pittsburgh doesn't have any resorts, but lots of cities/town in Florida and Hawaii do have that bidding availability. And there are a couple of sneaky ones people occasionally don't notice like Phoenix and Las Vegas.

As long as you check those rebid zones just before each bidding session there should be no problem. Essentially, if one can't bid at a star level (or higher) there aren't any hotels available at that star level (or higher).

I did just check your list and it is still correct.

Romelle

PS - if you happen to be bidding some other city and notice Resort at the bottom of the star list, do be careful. Resort falls between 4* and 5* so you could get upgraded to it when bidding 4* or lower. Pittsburgh doesn't have any resorts, but lots of cities/town in Florida and Hawaii do have that bidding availability. And there are a couple of sneaky ones people occasionally don't notice like Phoenix and Las Vegas.

THANK YOU FOR THE RESPONSE! I WAS WONDERING BECAUSE ONE OF THE AREAS (GREENTREE) HAS A DOUBLETREE (3*) LISTED ON THE BB WEBSITE FOR HOTELS IN PITTSBURGH. HOWEVER, WHEN YOU CLICK THE BOX, 3* IS NOT AN OPTION. I WANTED TO MAKE SURE BEFORE BIDDING. THANKS!

What you are seeing with your Greentree example is a Priceline zone that used to have 3* bidding available but doesn't now. Perhaps Doubletree isn't participating at the moment or their star rating got lowered or ??

While it is a change in the reverse direction, it still is an example of why you need to check just those free rebid zones just before you bid.

You are wise to be so cautious though.

Romelle

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy let us know the date(s) of your stay, desired star rating and budget, and zone(s) you're willing to accept, we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for closing this thread.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]