Hotwire Packages

chas
By chas,
in

Hi everone, has anyone ever bought a package from Hotwire? I had good luck getting a hotel from them in Fort Lauderdale but would like to know if anyone has actually purchased a PACKAGE from them and how it went. I once read Hotwire has some kind of "18 hour rule" for international flights which allows them to book you with up to an 18 hour wait for your connecting flight if you are outside the country. Needless to say the person who posted this was livid & said they would never use Hotwire again for international flights. Would appreciate any info on packages....either domestic or international...thanks very much, thinking maybe about the Caribbean or similiar from Newark NJ. Thanks again.

When you say package, are you looking for Hotel + Airfare or something else?

If you're looking to purchase airfare & a hotel room for an upcoming trip, feel free to share the dates you are planning to travel and what destination so we can see if there is a better alternative to Hotwire's packages.

In some situations, opaque sites (Hotwire & Priceline) may not be the best for planning vacations. It all depends on what you are looking for in your vacation.

I am off work from Sat Dec 24 to Sun Jan 1, maybe even the 2nd (new company calender isn't out yet). I am totally flexible on any of the dates but of course would like to keep the trip to some reasonable price, (say approx $1,000 or less). I would be most appreciative of any info you could give me.

Hey by the way if anyone is a Fort Lauderdale fan, Hotwire's 3 star hotel in the Beach area for $52 in the Sept time frame is the Holdiay Inn, its located at the corner of Sunrise and A1A, its on a bus line so you dont need a rental car (buses are erratic but they work, day pass for bus is $2.50, unless its gone up). The price goes up to something ridiculous in October, so get it while its hot !!!

Thanks to all-Charles from New jersey

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]