Priceline Hotel: 4* Newark - Meadowlands (Jersey City - Hoboken - Weehawken) Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

fabianhdz
By fabianhdz,
in

So, I'm hoping I can find something in New York City from Sep 15 - 22 (7 nights). I'm aware that this is the highest season and prices are through the roof...most people come here in order to get a cheaper 4 star hotel, in my case, i'm fine with a lower start rating as long as its affordable and

"clean" with no amenities. The 4 star hotels are above 250 and i can't definitely afford that.

Based in your experience, is it even worth to bother bidding in 2 or 3 star hotels in New York to get a cheaper price? Should I stick to 3 stars only to make sure i don't end up in a complete dump?

I'm open to Jersey City, Brooklyn, Long Island, as long as there is a reasonable transportation options to Manhattan.

My budget is 150 dollars per night max. I'm willing to split my bid as well (the 15th i arrive late so i dont mind staying near the airport that night only)

Thanks for your advise!

Fabian

So after reading and checking around here for a while, i decided to go ahead an start bidding (using the PRICELINE link from this forum)

Since a lot of people go the $90 dollar rate around my week, i didnt think i was going to get anything around that rate, and indeed, i failed most of my attempts. I ended up splitting my bid in 2 day portions..and no luck either..so it looks the whole week from Sat 15 to 22 there is nothing available for under 150. Since i kept changing the dates, i was able to bid multiple times...

Eventually, the 152 was accepted for the days of Sep 19 to Sep 23 (i decided to stay one day longer) for the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel

Now need to look for a place from the 15 to the 19...so probably will start another thread

cheers

Congratulations on your (partial) success!

Hope you're pleased with the deal you received for these high demand NYC dates. Please do start a NEW TOPIC for the balance of your stay and we will assist you there.

If you're interested in heading out in Hoboken for one nite during this leg of your trip i can make some restaurant suggestions depending upon what type of foods you like.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]