Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Milwaukee (West) Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West

nelsondd
By nelsondd,
in

I've researched winning bids for 4* in downtown Milwaukee. Most recently I read about success $69/night (at Hyatt I think) for this past weekend (8/25 - 8/26). To date, I've entered 4 bids via the PRICELINE link on the betterbidding site would no success for the weekend of 10/5 - 10/7. Here's my bid history:

8/26: Bid $90/night - No success

8/26: Bid $100/night - No success

8/27: Bid $110/night - No success

8/27: Bid $118/night - No success

I understand I'm no longer bidding in "summer" months, but I'm approaching twice the rate of the last winning bid.

Thanks for your help!

There is no actual connection between HOTWIRE and PRICELINE. They can have entirely different hotels in their inventories.

A little bit better clue - the retail side of PRICELINE. Although there are 4* hotels there, they have no availability for your dates. This still isn't 100%, since there can be different hotels in Priceline's retail and bidding sides.

A better clue - the Hyatt is showing no availability for your dates. The Ambassador is showing a $203 rate. I didn't look up the other ones, but is definitely appears there is an event in town.

There is 3 1/2* bidding available?

Alternatively, you could reserve a cancelable back-up place, and then keep bidding. Sometimes, for events, hotels reserve large blocks of rooms, and then release the unsold ones at the last minute.

For future reference, you might want to look at the PRICELINE FAQ on how to use free rebid zones (Priceline Re-Bidding Explained). At the 4* level there are lots of them.

Romelle

Congratulations on your success!

Sorry this wasn't the hotel you were hoping for, but hopefully you're pleased with the results and this property will work for your needs this trip.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process... can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property. You can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]