Priceline Hotel: HELP - 4*+ French Quarter

pritz
By pritz,
in

Hi there,

I'm looking to book a 4*+ room in the French Quarter from Thursday Nov 1st - Sunday Nov 4th.

I've been bidding on priceline the last two days starting from $55 and increasing my increments $1 up to $65 with no luck yet.

Was wondering if anything was going on that weekend and/or if I should continue to keep increasing my bid or hold tough for a bit as I'm bidding to early.

thanks!

Thanks for the welcome!

When I searched at winning bids I found a lot of people that got accepted at $60 at the Mariott and that was over a weekend as well. They would bid in the high 50's and priceline would counter at $68, they would reject and put in at $60 and then it was accepted.

I was hoping to be in that $60-$70 range.

Was wondering if anything was going on that weekend and/or if I should continue to keep increasing my bid or hold tough for a bit as I'm bidding to early.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay, but rates are date specific, so you can't always expect to get the same rate as somebody else when their dates are different than your own, as rates for their dates may be cheaper than the dates of your trip. For your situation, i think the Saints home game is effecting the demand for these dates as they are higher then when we have seen others win for less.

Are you only bidding the French Quarter zone OR are you also bidding the Downtown zone as well?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Not sure you will be able to get a great deal this far out, I noticed a lot of those $60 hits were 1-2 weeks out. I have been trying for 9/5-9/10 for the last couple weeks with no luck at all. I have bid as high as $60+$10 bonus cash=$70 and not gotten anything. Also 4* French Quarter.

If you'd like help with your own stay feel free to start a NEW TOPIC.

A reminder that you can still use bonus money along with the board's link as follows:

1) click the bonus money link and enter your email to deposit the bonus cash into your account

2) close the current browser

3) use a link on the board to access PRICELINE

4) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

5) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thank you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Are you only bidding the French Quarter zone OR are you also bidding the Downtown zone as well?

???

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find for a 4* hotel in the French Quarter (or any other zones you may be bidding)?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find for a 4* hotel in the French Quarter (or any other zones you may be bidding)?

2x

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and click each of these links before replying.

2x

... and read your messages if you haven't already done so.

The best rate on the MAPS and HOTELS.com link I saw was the Hyatt Regency at $166/night.

This isn't the Hyatt in the French Quarter (which is priced at $296/nite)... it's the Hyatt near the Superdome.

Try this:

Go back to MAPS and HOTELS.com and search for '1 mile radius' of 'French Quarter New Orleans'.

Then UNcheck anything less than 3* (leaving 3.5* and higher selected)

Zoom in on the map to focus on the French Quarter zone and you'll see that most PRICELINE hotels are in the $300+ range for your dates.

The point being that $100 is probably not enough for a 4* hotel in this zone... you'll either need to lower your star rating and/or consider neighboring zones such as Downtown or elsewhere.

Yes I indicated above that I've included Downtown in my bids as well and knew that was the Hyatt by Superdome..I bid up to $120 today with French Quarter and Downtown and still no luck.

Is there something going on that weekend? Others are finding rooms in the $60-$80 for the following weekends.

Sorry, didn't see the note that you were now including the Downtown zone.

I did fine a Bayou Bacchanal festival taking place from 11/3-11/4 (as well as a 'swamp festival' which i'm guessing is not as big of a draw)

Unless you're willing to drop down to 3.5* or SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, here you can make a refundable Hyatt Regency reservation for $166/nite.. then continue to try to beat this rate by bidding on PRICELINE up until a few days before your departure.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

The Tulane University Homecoming is scheduled that Saturday. The one game each year that Tulane does draw well is Homecoming. Especially if Tulane can take advantage of their upcoming easy schedule and go into homecoming with a 3 game win streak. Also that weekend is the Mirliton Festival in the Bywater. The Saints game is a Monday night game vs. Philly. Expect lots of New Englanders in town between Tulane alumni, Iggles fans and Bama fans (although their game is in Baton Rouge, there really is just no reason to go to Baton Rouge for anything except the game).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]