Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Toronto (Downtown) Sheraton Centre

kittykat
By kittykat,
in

I am looking for a hotel in Downtown Toronto during the busy Toronto International Film Festival-- would I have any luck at all you think with priceline? What would my likely bid be? I think I would prefer a **** but my funds aren't high either...

What's my best bidding strategy?

Thank you so much! (I just joined this forum & was reading all the amazing advice!!)

Hotwire has a 3.5* Customer Favorite in the Downtown zone for $102/nite.

Best guess is that this property is either the Sheraton or the Sutton... but more likely the Sheraton as the Sutton is not seen as frequently. If so, this property is 4* rated on priceline so it seems that a hotel within your budget is do-able.

You can either take the above or try to first beat it on Priceline. If you wish to do that, you have nine re-bid zones available at the 4* level and i would bid as follows:

Selelct 4* Downtown....

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $67, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100.

If you're not familiar with re-biddding please read PRICELINE RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you so much! Does starting lower actually help in some way vs. me starting with a bid of, say $75 from the get-go?

Also, I read the re-zoning post but am very worried in case I get stuck in the wrong place. Anywhere I can go to find out what my re-bid options are?

From the "RE-BID" link above:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Please confirm your zones with the board if you're unsure.

The advantage of starting lower is that if a hotel is available that inexpensively then you won't end up overbidding for it? A better question would be, why do you want to start higher?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just figured that it probably wouldn't be available at that low of a price, and if I bid higher from the get-go, I won't run out of bid zones?

Anyways, what I did is try price line first, but I got to $96 and decided to go with the hotwire hotel you suggested. I booked, as you have suspected, the Sheraton at $106 (though I REALLY would have loved the Sutton Place Hotel)... I could only get 3 nights at that rate, so I might try my luck with priceline again for a single night...

Now for the plane tickets!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]