Priceline Hotel: New York City

LRH123
By LRH123,
in

My husband and I are trying to visit New York City and have been unsuccessful bidding on priceline using the bidding strategies listed in similar post. I'm wondering if the dates are preventing us from getting a 4* for under $170. We are really on a budget and would welcome any advice on getting a nice room at a great price, we're open to a 3.5* rating or even 3* if we know its in a decent area.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Which zones have you bid at the 4* level and which zone(s) are acceptable at the 3.5*/3* level?

Note that when bidding 3.5* and lower:

MTE - some 'known' hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway... is this acceptable?

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (~140 sq. ft.).. is this acceptable?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Which zones have you bid at the 4* level and which zone(s) are acceptable at the 3.5*/3* level?
I bid the MTE, MTW, ESB, HK, TS, Soho, and Chelsea. I basically bid the same areas for 3.5*/3* just at a lower price.

MTE - some 'known' hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway... is this acceptable?
No, I don't want to walk that far to get to public transportation.

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (~140 sq. ft.).. is this acceptable?
no.

We ask that you use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board each time you access the respective sites (for bidding, searching, or purchase), doing so will avoid any delay in reply to your posts.

Have you done any more bidding in the last 3 days since you last posted? What bids have you made at the 3.5* and/or 3* levels?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FYI I was trying to book a room around the same dates with same Star ratings as you. Finally gave up on PRICELINE after bidding up to $250/night at all of the areas you were bidding in. I was finally able to book what I think will be a nice small room but VERY close to central of everything! Booked thru HOTWIRE - got the Manhattan Centre Hotel (Hotwire 3.5 Star) for Sept. 18-22 for $268/night. Much more than I planned on - but happy with the close proximity of the hotel ... right adjacent to Rockefeller Center! Good luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]