Priceline Hotel: Extra Nights after Winning a Bid

Wellfleet1
By Wellfleet1,
in

I have been struggling to win a bid on Priceline for this November. I am trying for 4 nights with 2 rooms in the Mayfair - Soho area of London. I am arriving on a Wednesday and departing on a Sunday. I believe I have read that once you win a bid you can extend for up to the same number of nights already won. My questions are:

If I am correct, does this work overseas as well? I don't want to win 2 nights and then have to move hotels.

If you can extend, any idea if I am better off bidding for the 1st two weeknights and then able to extend to cover the weekend. I might have a better chance if they gamble most people don't extend their stays?

Finally, I am guessing you can only add time to the end of the stay. However, it is only a guess. So can you add nights prior to the winning arrival date?

Thank you and this is my first post so sorry if it is in the wrong place or topic.

You can use that "add days" feature at either the beginning or the end of a winning bid. One or the other, not both. There is absolutely no guarantee that it will work. Just as often as I have it work for me, I have it fail. Often when it fails, there are still rooms available because it will try to prompt me to go with a higher rate.

Recently that option has changed so that you need to have tried to add additional nights before 10pm the evening before you would be leaving.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Please provide the exact date/s of travel as well as your desired budget per night and we would be happy to offer suggestions. As noted above, the "extend your stay" feature does not always work - it may require a higher price or not be available.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Our dates are: arriving on Wednesday November 21st and departing on Sunday November 25th. 4 nights and 2 rooms.

We want to stay near the theater district (West End). I looks like the Mayfair - Soho region fits the bill best, so we walk. The 4 and 5 star hotels look the best. However many of the 3 star winning hotels look fine, but a few don't. I have bid up to $115 so far, but it seems I am way to low compared to what some had said they have for winning bids. Not don't have a solid number in mind and I am quicky getting confused on what to bid with lower stars.

Also not sure of the area too much and whether I might be just as well off in another Priceline region. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Also, I like that I have plenty of time. Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll continue the discussion for your trip above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you're not willing to change hotels mid-stay then you should bid for your complete date range, since if you win for a sub-set of your dates, there is no way to know if you'll be able to add additional nites at the same rate (if at all).

Are you willing to pay more for a 5* hotel vs. a 4* hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Historically it has typcially taken at least $160-$180 to be successful in the Mayfair-Soho zone this time of year, and we know at this point in time $115 is not enough... are you able to increase your maximum bid, and if so, to how much?

Yes. Of course any strategy we suggest would start lower and gradually work your way up to whatever maximum bid you decide upon, but at least at the moment it's going to take more than $115/nite.

Using BiddingHelper.com and/or MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]