Priceline Hotel: Just need an OK hotel in Seattle

coh
By coh,
in

I'm new to the process, but ready to jump in.

We'll be arriving in Seattle by train on Aug. 15 pm or early AM on the 16th (2 adults 2 children). We want to spend the least amount on an acceptable hotel since we might get in too late to even use it for more than a couple of hours (Amtrak has been running as much as 9 hours behind its 8:30 pm scheduled arrival). We'd like something close enough to the station (at the south end of downtown) that we can get to it fairly quickly in the middle of the night, and the cab fare won't be huge. Other than that the location isn't too important for that one night. We just want a clean, decent hotel.

Thanks for all the help I've gotten just from reading the posts!

I've taken a cab a few times from the Seattle Amtrak station to the other end of downtown, and it's never been more than $7 plus tip. So if you arrive at a low-traffic time, I wouldn't worry about that if you either select or bid for a downtown hotel.

With 2 adults and 2 children, I would either book conventionally, or select the 2 adults, 2 children option on Hotwire, or bid for two rooms on Priceline. I think the risk of getting a room that holds exactly two people is a little higher than I'd feel safe with.

One problem with 1* or 2* bidding on Priceline is that the Inn at Queen Anne closes down reception at 11 PM. No one has reported getting this 2* hotel for two years, but it would be a problem if you did.

Take a look at the Travelodge options so you know your rock-bottom prices if booking conventionally.

My daughter's favorite hotel in Seattle is the Springhill Suites. This offers a complimentary continental breakfast that is pretty good, a hotel, and a gym, so I think it could be worth it even at conventional rates. Another favorite is the Summerfield Suites.

Good point on the check-in times. We do need a 24 hour desk so I guess it wouldn't be smart to bid for this night unless we go with a better hotel. Downtown would be a good location, but all the hotels are higher end and I hate to waste it if we're late. But, maybe having breakfast there would be enough. I'll check your suggestions.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]