Priceline Hotel: 2.5* No Bids Accepted, but got a Traelocty Top Secret hotel

EE2000
By EE2000,
in

Bidding for a family member, had to break up their stay.

Got the first night with this Priceline hotel win

They wanted around TS, so in the end tried TS, MSG, MTW, MTE, CPS, HK

4* up to $200

3.5* up to $200

3* up to $200

2.5* up to $185

Nothing accepted

Then I happened to search Travelocity and saw a Top Secret Hotel deal for Manhattan:Midtown (which is actually a pretty big area)

It says 3.5 star, but only shows 3 blue stars in their icon and 4 smile faces for traveler reviews.

Hotel Amenities were listed as Non-smoking.

Price was $203 per night.

Booked this and it was YOTEL New York at Times Square West, which has great reviews.

UPDATE : My Aunt and Uncle showed up at the hotel and they were told the reservation was cancelled by Travelocity.

I called Travelocity. and they claimed that the credit card approval didn't go through, so they cancelled the reservation.

The problem with that is, I got an onscreen confirmation number and also got a confirmation email saying everything was approved.

AND I NEVER got any email or phone call that it was cancelled.

I will never use Travelocity again.

Sorry to hear this happened... from your reaction i assume that the hotel was no longer available for purchase as a 'top secret' deal? Did your family pay the prevailing rate or did they find alternate accommodations elsewhere?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]