Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop) Palmer House Hilton

tlocher
By tlocher,
in

My son and I are going to Chicago 9/29 thru 10/2. We would prefer to stay on N. Michigan or Grant Park and would like a 4* hotel. Our max bid is a little soft as we're going one way or another. I've gotten a 4* on Wacker for $50 in the past but my research indicates this may be way to low for this time of year. Any ideas on where to start?

Thanks!

On Hotwire, what appears to be the Palmer House (3.5 stars, loop, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Business Center) is coming up for $90 a night.

However, everything else decent coming up is coming up for $140-150 and up. Given the rates, I don't think there will be anything too cheap on Priceline.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available (confirm with the board if you're unsure of your re-bid zones) and although the following is not likely to be enough, this is what i would try first:

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* NMA and re-bid zone2...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90.

If the above fails let us know your maximum bid (vs. alternate booking methods or before you add another zone or consider the Hotwire offer mentioned above) and we'll advise how to proceed going forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Is it worth ~$35 more per nite to say in the NMA/River North area vs. (what is believed to be) The Palmer House? This isn't rhetorical, to some i'm sure it would be worth it... to others not.

Also, given you may likely beat the $90 price via Priceline, do you want to stick to your $125 maximum in the NMA before dropping your star rating or switching zones?

You're locked-out for 72 hours anyway so easy to have this conversation while waiting :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From above you have two re-bid zones, but you can also now add NMA to your bidding (will fail based upon previously rejected bids... but will work out well if you get a hotel there anyway by some fluke)

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $70, if rejected add NMA zone...

Bid $76, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $79, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop and re-bid zone2...

Bid $82, if rejected add NMA zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $88.

If the above fails take whas is believed to be the Hilton Palmer House via Hotwire.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help. We got the Palmer House for $85 with the following approach:

Select 4* Loop...

Bid $70, if rejected add NMA zone...

Bid $76, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $79, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Loop and re-bid zone2...

Bid $82, if rejected add NMA zone...

Bid $85 and got Palmer House Hilton.

Thank you!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]