Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) InterContinental The Barclay

tlocher
By tlocher,
in

In NYC there is often little price difference between a 3* and 4* property... i would guess that for either you are probably looking closer to $200 than you are under $150.

Fall is a prime and busy time (and therefore expensive) in NYC.

Not sure how high you are willing to bid at this time, but you may want to book something cancellable, such as the Eastgate Tower at $208/nite, just to secure a room and then have a more solid gameplan of what price you are trying to beat. (the above is the best rate i could find for a 'nice' hotel)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zone, as the 3* you only have one.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $165, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid1 zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200.

If the above is rejected you can try the following for a 3* property:

Select 3* MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* UM/CPS...

Select 3* MTE and MTW...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and UM/CPS...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Have you booked the previously mentioned Eastgate as a back-up, as it is now listed as "On Request"?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Well now it is "On Request" so they may not be able to get additional rooms at their contracted rate.

The point is that reservations thru EasyClickTravel are cancellable up until 72 hours before check-in date... so making the previous recommended back-up reservation couldn't hurt, but it could help.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, I was unsucessful and din't get too far. I wonder if the reason was I used MTE as a rebid zone in my attempt. I couldn't find another rebid zone other than Upper East Side. Anyway, i got this far (see below) and it told me they were unable to process my request because I have already made a request for the same trip. Any ideas??

Thanks so much for the help.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $145, REJECTED

Added Upper East side, Bid $155, REJECTED

Added MTE, Bid $165, REJECTED

Select 4* MTE...We were not able to process this request since our records indicate you have already made a request for this same trip

I wonder if the reason was I used MTE as a rebid zone in my attempt. I couldn't find another rebid zone other than Upper East Side

That would be the reason.

List all of the zones in NYC and the highest star rating offered within each zone.

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the rate thru Expedia cancellable? (please use our link if you to this route)

If that's the best you can do why not at least try higher on Priceline first?

I'm not sure who, you or me, is more dissapointed that you didn't get in on the Eastgate Tower deal above... that was really a great deal for this timeframe.

I think you had said above that splitting was not an option? I won't try to push you one way or the other, but if you were willing to split your stay, i think you could get the last two nites of your stay at a much nice property and for about the same amount.

Well, still no luck. I was not able to complete the bidding however. I used Upper East and Upper West side as my two re-bid zones. Yet when I went to bid with Upper Midtown, they said I had duplicate bids. Not sure what I did wrong.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zone, as the 3* you only have one.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $160, rejected, added re-bid zone

Bid $175, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $165, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bid $185, rejected added re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Selected 4* UM/CPS...told me I had duplicate bids.

I guess I'll wait three days, raise my bids and try again. Unless you have another idea? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I was finally able to get a hotel! The Barclay Intercontinental. I got the hotel at a rate of $210/night with the following bids

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $175, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $180, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $210, won The Barclay.

Thanks again for the help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]