Hotwire Hotel: 3* Chicago (Evanston - Skokie - Niles) Doubletree Chicago North Shore Skokie

iowacrowe
By iowacrowe,
in

Hmmm - details say it's recommended in 95% of HOTWIRE reviews. I've been doing some searching and can't quite put an educated guess on it. With a 95% review, I can't believe it would be the Best Western in Morton Grove, but I could be wrong.

Need 2 rooms for 4 adults.

Amenities Listed:

High-Speed Internet Access

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

I see the property you're referencing and it has not yet been reported to the board.

HOWEVER, if you're still only seeing a 2.5* hotel in this zone with three amenities, try to repeat your search for 2rooms/4adults/2children... do you then see a 2.5* hotel for about the same price but with a 95% rating with:

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Laundry

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Complimentary Breakfast

Free Internet

For this one my guess is the Best Western University Plaza. (if you don't see it with 2rooms/4adults/2children try it with 2rooms/4adults/4children OR 2rooms/8adults). Even if not the Best Western, this property gets much better reviews from previous HOTWIRE guests.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If the Best Western University Plaza, that would charge for parking, but I think the strong benefit of being in Evanston would be VERY easy access to both CTA and Metra (a few blocks walk), as well as the amount within easy walking distance - Evanston has quite a bit in the way of restaurants and shopping.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 weeks later...

Amenities

Indoor Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Free parking

In-room Accessibility

Roll-in Shower

Fitness Center

Business Center

Free Internet

Accessibile Bathroom

Pool(s) - Yes, they listed pools twice

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessibile Path Of Travel

Handicapped Parking

Recommended in 100% of HOTWIRE Customer Reviews.

I used the HOTWIRE link for searching and booking.

Thanks once again BetterBidding!!!

Congrats on your success.

Very lucky to get the Doubletree instead of the Holiday Inn in this zone. Thank you for letting us know about the change in amenity set for this HOTWIRE property so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Please let us know if you have any questions about the area - the very nice Old Orchard Mall is on the opposite corner from this property.

I'll also note that you may want to try to get a high room facing South to try and get some view of the area. High room facing North also offers a view, although nothing too noteworthy (Old Orchard and the other, smaller mall across the street.)

Free Doubletree cookie at check-in is always a plus, too.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I was very confident this hotel was not the Holiday Inn, or I wouldn't have bid on it. The TripAdvisor rating for this property was 4/5, and the Holiday Inn is 3/5.

I am familiar with this area. I stayed at what I believe was a Howard Johnson about 7 or 8 years ago just a couple blocks away from the Doubletree. Plenty of options for dining.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]