Priceline Hotel: 3* Madison (West) Radisson Hotel Madison

iowacrowe
By iowacrowe,
in

Help ID 2.5* Madison State Capitol - Univ. Area Hotel 8/11 - 8/12

There are not any 2.5* hotels listed in the Hotwire list of hotels for this area.

2.5-star Hotel in State Capitol - Univ. Area - Central Madison

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Indoor pool(s), Smoke Free Rooms, High-Speed Internet Access, Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet

Possibly Quality Inn & Suites Fitchburg? I think this hotel would be right within the southern edge of this area.

Rate is $86.00

Thank You!

I'm not sure which Quality Inn you're referring to, but my best guess for this property would be the Quality Inn and Suites Madison at 2696 Cahill Main.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not sure which Quality Inn you're referring to, but my best guess for this property would be the Quality Inn and Suites Madison at 2696 Cahill Main.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Yes, that is the Quality Inn I am referring to. Some sites list it as a Madison address, some as a Fitchburg address, such as the Taxi Fare Calculator site.

I'll keep you posted, and will use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board when I bid/purchase.

Thank You!

Thank you for keeping us updated and for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links.

Do you need to be right in the downtown area? I'm seeing a 2.5* in the Madison NE-Airport American Center zone for these dates for $53 with a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating showing on the detail page for the listing (about halfway down the detail page, there should be a tripadvisor logo with 4.5/5 circles shaded.)

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hello Aaron!

My first trip to Madison a couple of years ago was the same Saturday as a Badger's home game. My friend who has been going up there for years talked me into the Super 8 in the NE area as it was the cheapest he could find. That is when I got intrigued about HOTWIRE and PRICELINE and typed in a question about how to bid on those sites and found betterbidding.com. I've been planning our trips ever since!

We usually like to stay in the Capitol/Downtown/University area. Been to the Sheraton a few times, and the Hilton Monona Terrace once. These work out good for us.

The hotel you suggested appears to be the Grandstay. We are planning on bringing bikes for the day, and it is a long ride through a main route with heavy traffic from the NE area. From the Quality we'll spend less time on main routes until we access a bike path. That is a consideration. We'll also be riding back to the hotel and taking a cab ride down and to State Street and back for the evening. We're going to doing some "Spotted Cow Tipping." Your suggestion did get me thinking about other areas, mainly the SE. Thank you for that, it doesn't hurt to explore things outside your normal routine. I checked those and there were not any decent rates on HOTWIRE.

I already used the PRICELINE link to bid for the 3/3.5 star hotels in the area. Bids have been rejected for $55 and $60. Since we usually get the Sheraton, there are a couple of other things that are attractive about the Quality Inn & Suites. Complimentary breakfast and evening complimentary cocktails. Also, the Fitchburg Great Dane Brew Pub is right next door!!!

I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I may just bid on PRICELINE, I may go through HOTWIRE for the Quality Inn.

One thing I do have to say about the Sheraton, those beds are really comfortable!

Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for all you do here.

I'll keep this thread updated with my progress

Sounds like a fun stay - Madison is a beautiful area and a bike ride sounds like a great idea. If you are looking for a side trip, Devil's Lake State Park is not terribly far, and a gorgeous area. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Devils_Lake_State_Park.jpg - http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g59686-d116876-Reviews-Devil_s_Lake_State_Park-Baraboo_Wisconsin.html The Wisconsin Dells (http://www.wisdells.com/) are also a great deal of fun and not too much further beyond Devil's Lake.

Pewitt's Nest gorge is also a really beautiful looking and more hidden (it's an official nature area, but the paths aren't maintained/paved/etc) nature area that I've been meaning to visit near Devil's Lake.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g59686-d2208846-Reviews-Pewit_s_Nest_Gorge-Baraboo_Wisconsin.html

This is also an excellent blog guide to Madison restaurants - the writers visited every single restaurant in the Madison area. http://www.madisonatoz.com/

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have additional questions.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]