WI Wausau Jefferson Street Inn

uaspouse
By uaspouse,
in

We stayed here one night 7/29/05 on a $47.00 bid. This is a brand new upscale hotel located in downtown Wausau. While it is rated 2.5*, I would compare it to a Marriott. There is a JCPenney next door as well as a private coffee shop across the street.

There was no mention of Priceline at check in and we were given a two-queen room on the third floor. Many of the rooms are suites, we had a standard room. We did have to pay a $2 parking fee to park in the municipal lot right outside the hotel. The beds were thick pillow-top and had one of my favorite features, a double sheet wrapped blanket. There were several down pillows and I believe a down comforter in addition to the blanket. Furniture was dark-wood and included an armoire, dresser and desk with comfortable chair. Internet connection was available; I do not think there was a charge. There was a CD player which could be set to wake you up to a variety of music styles.

The bathroom was very nice, had a granite counter top, Aveda bath products and thick towels. There was a microwave and mini-fridge stocked with honor bar. For example, candy bars were $2, those little shot-glass bottles of liquor were $5.

There is an on-site restaurant, the City Grill which looked to be very nice and somewhat "downtown," prices seemed reasonable - most entrees under $15. The restaurant was place for the complimentary continental breakfast which featured a few cereals, coffee cakes, home-made buttermilk biscuits, a fresh-fruit tray including strawberries, pineapple and grapes, bagels, toast, yogurt and a variety of juices, coffee and tea.

Apparently there is a full spa, pool, and exercise facilities, I did not have time to visit them.

While the hotel is still has a few kinks to work out (no guest services book in room, a few staffing issues, etc.) I would recommend it without reservation.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]