Priceline Hotel: Can I beat this price?

celiboy
By celiboy,
in

Booked me and my gf at Hotel Whitcomb, five nights being check in Aug 26 and out Aug 31. Using Expedia I got a rate of $212 per night including tax and everything. Was under impression this was close to Union Square but now see it's not really considered to be part of that area. Is it realistic for us to find a better deal in Union Square for a 2.5 star or higher hotel during these dates? My Expedia reservation is fully refundable til Aug 23rd.

Booked me and my gf at Hotel Whitcomb, five nights being check in Aug 26 and out Aug 31. Using Expedia I got a rate of $212 per night including tax and everything. Was under impression this was close to Union Square but now see it's not really considered to be part of that area. Is it realistic for us to find a better deal in Union Square for a 2.5 star or higher hotel during these dates? My Expedia reservation is fully refundable til Aug 23rd.

I've stayed at Hotel Whitcomb (for free), and I can't imagine it being worth $212 per night. It's OK, but the area is not so great, although it is right next to BART.

This deal is not near Union Square, but it's a nicer hotel (in my opinion), and a much better area. I've stayed at this hotel (Holiday Inn Golden Gateway) and Hotel Whitcomb, so I think my comparison is fair.

http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/san-francisco/-149-San-Francisco-Hotel-in-Posh-Nob-Hill-40-Off-1280911/

I'd go for that cancellable backup at $149/night over Hotel Whitcomb at $212.

Looks like a decent place - thx for suggestion and would have never found deal on own. We have not booked flight yet and I'm noticing now that pushing back the dates to Aug 29 to Sep 2 or something like that reduces prices quite a bit. Strange given it is Labor Day weekend. I'll have to take a second look at everything.

The USE and USW zones are both acceptable?

What is your maximum bid? What is your minimum star rating? (if less than 4* are you willing to pay more for a higher rated property OR is your goal the least expensive hotel at the minimum star rating you choose?)

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The USE and USW zones are both acceptable?

yes

What is your maximum bid? What is your minimum star rating? (if less than 4* are you willing to pay more for a higher rated property OR is your goal the least expensive hotel at the minimum star rating you choose?)

175/night. 3 or 3.5 star

175/night. 3 or 3.5 star

So the question is if you wanted to bid for a 3.5* up to $175, then if rejected start lower and try for a 3* up to $175... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* or better for this trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]