Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium Park - The Loop - Grant Park) The Blackstone Renaissance Chicago Hotel

Lyndee
By Lyndee,
in

I know that's a very busy night, but it's when I need to be there. I have a meeting at the Fairmont and want to spend time shopping on Michigan Avenue. I'm hoping for 4* or higher. Here's what I've found:

Priceline:

4* - Milleneum Park, Loop & Grant Park Area

Guest Review 8+

4* - North Michigan Ave – River North Area

Guest Review 7+

hot Wire:

4-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

This Hotel features the following amenities:

• Fitness Center: Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

• Restaurant(s): Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

• Business Center: Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

• High-Speed Internet Access: Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

$284

80%

4.5-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower

This Hotel features the following amenities:

• Indoor pool(s): <amenity names only please... not descriptions>

• Smoke Free Rooms: Guest rooms at this hotel are always smoke-free.

• Fitness Center: Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

• Pool(s): Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

• Restaurant(s): Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

• Business Center: Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

• High-Speed Internet Access: Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

• Accessible path of travel: <amenity names only please... not descriptions>

• In-room accessibility: Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

• Accessible bathroom: Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

• Roll-in shower: Bathroom has a roll-in shower

$338

90%

What hotels are these? If I go with Priceline, when, where, and what should I bid? Should I wait for additional options on either Priceline or Hotwire? Any other advice?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

With PRICELINE the user review rating shown is the minimum review of all hotels in the zone at that star rating, so for instance the Guest Review of 8+ shown for the Loop property is not a specific hotel that you're bidding on, but rather all 4* hotels in this zone have an average review rating of at least 8 or higher.

As far as which service to use it depends what is more important to you for this stay... the lowest price OR knowing the amenities offered by the hotel and being able to take a guess as to what you may receive. PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than hotwire, but HOTWIRE gives you the ability to take a guess as to the hotel before your purchase (as well know some of the amenities offered, which is helpful if, say for example, you want to ensure that your hotel has a pool)

What is your maximum bid for this nite in the city before you consider lowering your star rating, adding other zones, or increasing your budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The problem with this date is Lollapalooza.

The 4.5* HOTWIRE Mag Mile-WT would likely be the Omni. The 4* would be a possible match for a few different properties, including the Knickerbocker, Westin Michigan Ave and Allerton. I also see what appears to be the Felix for $250.

Personally, rather than the potential Omni for $338 on HOTWIRE, I'd rather the Conrad for $325 via hotels.com or via the Hilton link on the site's Support Page. Slightly cheaper, a bit closer to the Fairmont than the Omni and right on Michigan Ave above a high-end mall.

Additionally, when I look on Hotels.com, I see this as the cancellation fine print: "Free cancellation until 08/02/12

If you change or cancel your reservation after 12:00 PM, 08/02/12 ((GMT-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)) you will be charged for 1 night (including tax)"

Double check that you are also seeing the same - but this would allow you to cancel if anything comes up in the next few days. If not, at least you would have a very, very nice hotel in a great location.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Any idea what Hotwire hotel this is for 8/3?

4-star Hotel in Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Recommended by 95% in Hotwire

$219

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the outcome and looking forward to your arrival.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

A reminder that you can still use bonus money along with the board's link as follows:

1) click the bonus money link and enter your email to deposit the bonus cash into your account

2) close the current browser

3) use a link on the board to access PRICELINE

4) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

5) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]